Battlefield 1942 PC demo is rad!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Zos, Jul 21, 2002.

1. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

I wasn't expecting much from this game, mostly because I didn't really like Codename Eagle, which was from the same developers.
    However, after playing around with the single player demo for Battlefield 1942, I've changed my mind big time.
    While Eagle was a bit cartoonish, this seems relatively reaslistic. I love WWII FPS like Medal of Honor and this game captures some of that feel. It also reminds me of Operation Flashpoint, in that there are many other units and vehicles you can use, though I haven't had time to do so yet.
    The graphics and sound are both top-notch, and the quad sound is nice too. I'm also happy that it runs very smoothly on my aging PC, at 1024x768x32.
    This game is also coming out for the Xbox, and I can't wait to check out that version as well.

2. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

Where did you get teh demo?

3. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

Nevermind.
    Im downloading it now. Cant wait to play it!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Cool, been looking for a new game to play [​IMG]

5. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

Its WWIIOnline for Dummies.....there is no way a Panzer's turrent can turn that fast...I'll still buy it as its a nice change of pace, but I am a bit disappointed.

6. James Zos

I haven't played WWII Online, Kelley, so I can't really say, but from the screenshots at least, the graphics in Battlefield are far superior to those in WWII Online, even if the turrets turn too fast.

7. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    What kind of game is this? will the full version have like a storyline or objectives of sorts? Or is this mainly a multiplayer online game like Counterstrike???
    Also, my sound is screwed up. Some of the sounds are very high pitched and sped up... [​IMG]

8. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

James WWIIOnline ver. 1.67 is getting a graphical overhaul, full DirectX 8.1 support.
    Check out the pics on this page
    These are just the first changes to the graphics, everything is getting changed, buildings, models, etc. WWIIOnline suffered a bad launch, but the developers CRS have really begun to turn things around. If you like Battlefield:1942 and want something a little more realistic I highly recommend giving WWIIOnline a try. WWIIOnline is only $9.99 at CompUSA, although you will have to download the latest version of the game(106MB d/l) so all you are buying is a CDKey.
    Kelley "Gigapowr"
    CO Kampfgeschwader 28
    GHC Luftflotte 1

9. James Zos

Thanks for the tip, Kelley. I'll check it out. Only thing is, I'm stuck with this shitty 56k connection (no DSL where I live) so online only games can be kind of difficult. I was having a blast with Return to Castle Wolfenstein multiplayer, until disconnects started ruining all my fun..