What's new

BATMAN (1989) & sequels (STREET DATE: Oct. 18, 2005) (1 Viewer)

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Hmmm last post before today... August 10... normally I would frown on raising the dead but in this case...

...WOW and... it's about freakin' time.

Good job!;)

John Simon

Second Unit
While I'm glad to hear this news, I think it's probably a good idea to remind everyone that we still probably won't see these DVDs until 2005. The post indicates that Burton says he recorded his track last year, not very recently. I'd be extremely surprised if we see this before next Christmas, at the earliest, so that they can be timed to coincide with the new Batman movie, which hasn't even started filming yet.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Sounds cool. Don't care for Batman & Robin, but I liked the first three about equally. It'd be nice to see the director's cut of Batman Forever.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
It would be nice if WB would release SE of both Batman and Batman Returns together as a packaged collector's set, considering they're really the only ones worth watching... let alone purchasing.

John Simon

Second Unit

I think you've just summed up exactly why they won't release those two films without the lesser-sequels. Hopefully, we'll get individual releases, but I wouldn't be surprised if they force a boxset so someone will buy Batman & Robin.

Matthew H

Second Unit
I don't know about anyone else, but I just want the first one and 'Forever'. They can keep 'Returns' and that piece of crap they call the fourth film.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
"Returns" is just as good as the first, in my opinion. If they're all 2-disc and have a bucnh of extras, I'm pretty sure I'll get the box, cause I'm a sick completist. Otherwise, just the first two, please. Soon, please.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"Returns" is just as good as the first, in my opinion.
I agree, "Returns" is pretty much equal. This is one of those rare examples where it is almost purely subjective as to which one is stonger, the 1st or 2nd. Pretty much the same with the first 2 "Superman" Films coincidentally.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
If they only release these films in a box set, I'll either sell Batman & Robin on eBay or go outside and burn it. I really hope they're made available individually so I can just buy the first three. My favorites(in order):

1. Batman(by a landslide)
2. Batman Forever
3. Batman Returns
4. There is no 4th film as far as I'm concerned

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator
However, I'd love to hear a Joel Schumacher commentary on Batman & Robin! Explain yourself, sir!

Sebastien S

Second Unit
I agree. Batman (the original) and Forever are my favorites also.

I don't hate Returns but I disslike it... To me the story seemed to drag on at certain points and the hole theem of the movie with all the circus characters just put me off! I found most characters unintersting with the exception of Catwoman.

The 4th film was TOTAL CRAP!!! They also REALLY screwed up "Bane"! He never should have been in that movie!

Though I collect DVDs and if they made a really nice box set with all movies being SE and remastered, I'd buy it... Especially if ALL 4 movies had 2 disks!

P.S.

What I would really love to see would be a "good" movie (good script & cast) with Superman and Batman. That would kick *ss!!!

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I'm pretty sure I'll get the box, cause I'm a sick completist.
Same here. I actually own the current DVD of BATMAN AND ROBIN. My excuse is that it was one of the few DVD's available in 1997 and I purchased nearly every major movie released at the time(yeah, that's the ticket!).

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Just give me the first movie. Warner did say in the last HTF Chat that the SE wouldn't come out until the next movie.

I'm sure when it is released, it will look quite nice. Warner has done a great job on their SE 2 disc sets. To my knowledge, it has never looked decent on any home video format. Batman is definitely number one my re-release want wish.

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Well, maybe the whole box set will be on placed on hold based upon the performance of the release of the 5th film.

First we'll get the Fifth film, then an SE (if it's a decent film), then... are you ready for this...

[c]Batman
- The "Quintology" [/c]

(with apologies to QT) - Let's hear how this ain't proper grammer now, we're all dying to hear that...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks