What's new

BATMAN (1989) & sequels (STREET DATE: Oct. 18, 2005) (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
they could always record comments that he made in the past about the movie.. I think they did that with as good as it gets.. and like the Terminator 2: UE.

JACOB

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I will of course get Batman and Batman Returns...but I'm just wondering...if they can get the Bat films out...wheres the SE of Goodfellas!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
anybody here catch the Letterman show back in '89 when Keaton was on promoting the movie and he had a story about Nicholson.
the two were in the make-up chairs or getting into the costumes before a scene and Nicholson leaned over to him and said "this is where you let the costumes do the acting."

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Do you say this because it's WB, or because you just think so?

I mean, they are releasing Indiana Jones onto DVD with special features, and the fourth one won't be out for a year or two.
WB has never had the rights to Indy, it's always been Paramount.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I think this is a hoax, but it would be very cool if it were true.

What gives it away for me? Jack commentary (he did one years ago, but I seriously doubt that he'll ever do another... nevertheless, it hasn't been recorded yet anyway.); 10 page booklet (this is a Warner title); 'Bat be Gone' - sounds like something a fan made up.

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
I just hope that it's the 'original' theatrical version, and not the butchered version that cut two small scenes out while the movie was still in theaters. And has never restored them to the VHS or DVD releases. :)

1. When Vicki and Batman are fleeing from the Joker's goons after the Museum, they run into a little girl in a dumpster that asks if it's Halloween. You can still see her in the background of the shot, as Bats and Vicki continue to flee.

2. At the end of the film, while Vicki is walking away from the Press Confrence about Batman and the Bat Signal, she gets run into by two kids playing batman. This occurs right before she sees Alfred waiting for her.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I don't recall seeing those scenes when i saw batman in the theatre..I saw it many times.

JACOB

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Did you go the first couple weeks of release? Because those two scenes were snipped very early on. May have never even appeared in some areas. I know when I saw it on opening day they were there. When I went back a couple weeks later, they were gone.

I remember the "Is it halloween" scene (saw the film on opening night), but the other one I don't recall. I seem to recall seeing the Halloween scene in a trailer as well, though I could be mistaken.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I went to the sneak preview the night before opening. it was packed too.. I remember seeing pictures of the two scenes from the trading cards, but never in the movie.

JACOB

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I saw BATMAN about a week before release because my girlfriend at the time got tickets from her boss for a preview, and saw the movie again opening night. I never saw the two scenes mentioned by Mike.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
never saw those scenes in philly, before opening night preview for theater employees.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
That list is more than likely pure wish-fulfilment by Bat-crazy fanboys than anything.
Jack Nicholson AND Michael Keaton doing a commentary for Batman? Never happens.
Wish it was true, I'd be one of the first in line to buy one.:)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Honestly, the whole mising scene thing sounds as suspect as the DVD specs. The cost of distributing new prints to trim two scenes would certainly have prohibited such minor trims. And there's no way they would have passed on instructions to projectionists to cut them.

JoeMKal

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought the first 3 batmans at walmart for next to nothing, you know the super crap bare bone snappers, so I sort of hope they put it off till after I graduate and can actually aford to spend money, assuming of course this is real, which I highly doubt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks