What's new

BassShakers $30/pr. @ Parts Express (1 Viewer)

TimForman

Supporting Actor
It never occurred to me to use a BFD to flatten out shakers. I wouldn't be able to do it anyway since I'm already using both channels for my subs. Also, I added 50 Hz FMODs on the line-in to the amp running the shakers. My thinking is that shakers are primarily for frequencies that are more felt than heard. IMO anything higher than a 50Hz cut off and you get a "butt-buzzer" instead of a "bass-shaker".

Has anyone compared these with the ButtKicker Shakers? Are they worth the few extra dollars, or would several BassShakers provide comparable results?

cacu

Stunt Coordinator
I want one of these for my 2 seat sofa. Should I get a pair of the Bass Shaker or just get one Bass Shaker Pro?

Marv

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone compared these with the ButtKicker Shakers?
No I have not but I crunched some numbers comparing the Aura Pro's to the Clark Pro's.

Aura Pro's - $25, peak power of 75w, 30lbs of force @ 75w = .4lbs per watt.

Clark Pro's - $450, peak power of 135w, 370lbs of force @ 135w = 2.75lbs per watt.

So it would take 12.4 Aura's($325) to equal one Clark($450).

The ButtKicker is apparently slightly better than the Clark for IMPACT and cost less @ $300. However they are power hogs needing 1000w to get the most from them so that brings the cost up, up and away from most of us. I wish they would post peak force and force per watt on the Buttkicker.

Next is Freq response: Aura's spec as usable 20hz-80hz with a resonance of 40hz, Clark's spec as 5hz-20khz resonance ?, Buttkicker spec as 5hz-200hz with a resonance of 9hz.

-Marv

TimForman

Supporting Actor
I have a full size La-Z-Boy recliner sofa and attached 3 shakers to the wooden part of the frame. It's works quite well. Rather than just feeling it in your butt it shakes the whole sofa.

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
These Aura shakers are like the "buy and test them out" shakers. They work great actually but they are of no comparisson to the higher end shakers from Clark and Buttkicker. However, those will cost you much more money (not just a few extra bucks either).

The pro's give a more solid shake and can handle more power, I have a pair of pros and helped install 4 regulars in a friends couch. I think the 4 regular ones outdo the 2 pro's but we also have different amp's and couches. I would use your power/load ratio to determine which to get. If you want a 4 ohm load, get a single pro, if you want an 8 ohm load get 2 regulars. Of course if you want more you can go with 4 pro's or regulars to get 4 ohms, and also 2 pro's to get 8 ohms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks