What's new
World Wide Stereo

banana plugs (1 Viewer)

Matt Weldy

Second Unit
Should you use banana plugs or the pin connectors. Or should I just use twisted wires. Also are 24K plated ok.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David WD

Auditioning
use banana plugs that are gold plated. this way you will be getting the best contact as well as ease of connection. use the 1005 Klein Crimping Tool (can get at lowe's) for the best attachment. good luck.:) :star:

Matt Weldy

Second Unit
I guess I wasnt very clear that my fault. But my question about the gold is. Are the plated ones ok or do I need the pure gold.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've never seen solid gold bananas...there isn't much benefit to solid gold anyway, unless you plan on melting them later. :D Gold does not improve your contact at all, it simply does not oxidize and has good transfer. Silver is actually a better conductor for signal.

Bare wire is fine, but using bananas reduces "strays" and makes connection/disconnection simpler. You can always "tin" the ends of bare wire with a bit of solder to keep the ends neat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks