What's new

Banana Plug Bafflement (1 Viewer)

Duane H

Agent
Thanks to all for your valuable input. It was very helpful. I ended up buying the Dayton dual bananas from Parts Express.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Aubrey

Grip
I was thinking of re-wiring my system before, and all this talk is just egging me on. Does anyone know of a site that would have a step by step guide (preferably with pictures)on all the connectors etc, as I have never used anything BUT bare wire, like my father before me, and his father before him :) Oh what a fool I've been.
Also, (as I reveal my total newbie status) what is all this bi and tri wiring talk?
------------------
"No women, no kids. Those are the rules"

Matty B

Stunt Coordinator
Search for Biwiring. Here's a quick rundown:
Biwiring:
A speaker which originates from the reciever as a positive and negative connection, and ends in 2 positives, and 2 negatives. This (theorhetically) gives a cleaner sound. I haven't tried it out yet.
Triwiring is for speakers with a sub built in I believe, and the third set of wires is from an external amp? I dunno, there isnt a lot of discussion about it.

Norm Strong

Stunt Coordinator
I have a whole cigar box full of banana plugs, both single and double. Most of them are Pomona and cost about 2/$1. They are the side address type with set screw. This is the best way because the binding posts almost always point upwards, and when the plugs are inserted the wire falls naturally away.
Also, the side address plugs are stackable, which can be very handy.
------------------
Norm Strong ([email protected])

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks