What's new

Bad Gateway issues with Firefox? (1 Viewer)

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I thought I would chime in that I use Firefox (always the latest version) on two Windows 7 computers and a Mac. Never experienced any of the issues that are being discussed in this thread.
shrug.gif

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I am having the same issues discussed in this thread, including being unable to view the forum sub-sections and being unable to post. I can get around the viewing issue by hitting escape as the page loads. In order to post, I have to temporarily disable all my addons (including noscript).

I suspect this issue is directly connected to ads.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I (currently) don't have issues with FireFox but use Chrome at work .I can log in but if I do, I'm able to click on a post but then Chrome crashes or hangs up. I CAN view posts if I am NOT logged in via Chrome (but of course can't post :()

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Everything seems to be working correctly for me this morning using Firefox. This is the first time I have been able to post anything via this browser in quite awhile.

Did anything change?

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Everything is working fine here in Firefox on my Mac and two Windows 7 computers. I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate these issues have to do with advertisements since I have a Premium subscription ("Supporter") here at HTF so I get no ads.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
For what it's worth, my screen looks exactly like Scott's. I can confirm that I do not have ABP enabled. That being said, I'm convinced the issue is ad related.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Scott,

I see you have ABP - have you tried disabling it on our site?

I just disabled ABP, and the forum page came up, but the Forum List in the upper left corner still did not work, nor was the reply box available. I re-enabled ABP, and now everything is functioning properly again. Very odd behavior.

upload_2016-11-16_7-52-49.png

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That looks like the forum list is working to me. It's a different one from the drop down.

Yes, that was after disabling and then re-enabling ABP. I had to do the same thing again a few minutes ago, so there is definitely something up with the ads and ABP. I will leave it disabled for HTF for teh time being, see what I get, and report back.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am still running into occasional issues with Firefox, even with ABP disabled for the site. Twice now I have gotten this:

upload_2016-11-22_8-10-6.png

If I enable ABP and then disable it again, everything returns to normal.

upload_2016-11-22_8-11-26.png

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Scott,

That's the result of a script being blocked on your end. Not something we can really fix from our end, but will continue to keep at it.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Sometime today everything went back to normal (as in, how it was a month ago). And that's an improvement. Did you guys do anything last night?

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Maybe your cache was cleared?

I always clear the cache.

To be more specific, I always run firefox inside a sandbox where I delete everything in the sandbox after I'm finished with firefox. So every time I run firefox anew in a sandbox, it is basically a bare-bones copy with only updated extensions/plugins.

The semi-random issues with scrips, ads, etc ... that others have mentioned on this thread, I have experienced too in a semi-random manner.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
(I don't know if this matters).

I updated both Firefox and NoScript earlier this morning.

Currently I only have to temporarily activate hometheaterforum.com on noscript. Nothing else.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I didn't actively clear the cache, in fact, I didn't do anything overt; so I don't think it was me. And for what it's worth I'm seeing the "return to a month ago" improvement both at home and at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks