What's new

Back To The Future reviews are underway!! (1 Viewer)

RickardL

Supporting Actor
Well, the R4 ones at least but I assume this is of
interest to most R1 folks as well.
This is the current status from michaeldvd:

Back To The Future Live Review-A-Thon
We are proud to announce a worldwide exclusive - our 24 hour Back To The Future Trilogy Review-A-Thon. We are in possession of the actual Region 4 Back To The Future DVDs as you read this and we won't be stopping until all 3 movies have been given the full Michael D's treatment. We'll be updating the site every hour or so with how the reviews are progressing, so feel free to check in on us and see how things are coming along.

Review-A-Thon Status: 6pm Friday Back To The Future and Back To The Future III discs received. Back To The Future II in transit to us, expected to arrive later tonight. Disc specifications currently being determined and database being updated

RickardL

Supporting Actor
Latest update:
Review-A-Thon Status: 8:30pm Friday We've completed deriving the core specifications for Back To The Future. Video is 1.85:1 16x9 enhanced. There are 3 audio tracks; English DD 5.1 384kbps, English dts 5.1 768kbps and English Audio Commentary 192kbps. Subtitles are English for the Hearing Impaired, English Audio Commentary and English Trivia Track. Region coding of the disc is R2 and R4.
We've finished watching the first disc (with the dts soundtrack) and just quietly it looks and sounds FABULOUS. Tony is busily writing up his initial review and I'm about to work my way through some of the extras
Link for details:
http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Discs/Disc.asp?ID=5719

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
here are the latest updates regarding extras
Extras
Main Menu Introduction, Menu Animation & Audio, Featurette-Making Of-14:29, Featurette-Making The Trilogy: Chapter 1 (15:30), Audio Commentary-Robert Zemeckis & Bob Gale, Outtakes-2:45, Deleted Scenes-8:50, Informational Subtitles, Featurette-Make-Up Tests (2:18), Storyboard Comparisons-2, Gallery-4, Theatrical Trailer, dts Trailer-Piano
:emoji_thumbsup:

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
here is more

Review-A-Thon Status: 10:30pm Friday Tony has finished typing up the first draft of our review of Disc 1. I've finished watching most of the extras on Disc 1. I am now going to type up my review of the extras and then proofread and probably amplify Tony's review of this superb disc. Hint: This disc is going to rate very very highly indeed.
Tony is now going to start viewing the Trivia subtitle track and listening to the audio commentary.

We estimate that we should have the first draft of our review ready in about an hour's time.

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. The review sounds amazing. Can't wait.
I really don't know if I should pick this up or if I should wait for the R1 (with the Fox commentary)...

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
YEY!!!!!!!!!:D :D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
I knew this set would rock.
l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Interesting:

Oh, and we get the official word from the Two Bobs - the version on the DVD is the version that was shown theatrically. On the video there were changes (most notably, a "to be continued" at the end), but this version is unchanged. That's good to know.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
This is just fantastic news, makes the wait all that longer and good to know that it is the theatrical version on the dvd.
Count me in
:emoji_thumbsup:

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Stinkin' region 4 lucky bastards get BTTF trilogy before us AND they get decent packaging. Argh!!! :angry:
Makes me want to move to Australia. :) :D :emoji_thumbsup:

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Brian
That would not be such a bad idea moving to Australia :D
oh the joys of owning a multi region player is great:D

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know what format they use in Region 4 (ie. PAL, SECAM, NTSC). I have found BTTF trilogy for $29.61 from planetdvd.com. I am tempted to buy it but I want to make sure it will work on my region free dvd player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks