What's new

Back From Spamalot... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Be forewarned. I will be posting a few spoilers, but not all of them to save some surprises :)

Sir Spoiler not appearing in this review

The Killer spoiler rears it's ugly head.......

Spoiler space over

Boy I wish they did a matinee where people could take pictures, it'll help me remember things that much more...

Some of the things I do remember. John Cleese plays God. Wether he is there or not live reciting the dialouge, I couldn't tell. Strangley, no one clapped when his voice was heard, nor did many people laugh at his part...

There's one new musical number, and hopefully no one finds this offensive... But, The Knights who say NI command THe King to go to broadway. And to go to broadway, he needs....Jewish people! They then do a whole number, complete with the Star Of Isreal at the end..

Next, The Killer Rabbit. This is left almost unchanged....With a very unexpected(but it should have been), pirotechnic finale to the scene.

For those wondering, the cow throwing scene is left in tact, complete with cow :)..

I won't spoil the biggest surprise of the night. That's best left for you to experience live. Although, one lady did gasp audibly when the lady of the lake was revealed to be queen guenevier(sp)..

Hank Azaria definetly seemed to be having a fun time. Although at points when he wasn't singing, it looked like he might have been chewing gum during the performance :). The stuff must have been live, unlike most rock concerts, because at times, he went into his Willie accent, Apu, and Moe accents, but just barley. I think he may have done it intentionally for the Simpsons fans in the audience, but of course I can't prove it :)..

The guy who played the king almost lost it with laughter during one of the scenes at the end. They must change the lines and dialouge just enough during each show to keep them from getting bored and it must have caught him off gaurd...

All in all, a fun show. I'm buying the soundtrack(my first broadway track :) ), and I definetly recomend it.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heh, actually, I don't remember that line in the play. THey changed the Camelot sequence quite a bit. Actually, I kind of like the new change there, and at the ending a bit better than the original movie, although the original movies ending was a bit funnier....even if it wouldn't work in a play..

BTW, if memory serves, there where two jokes no one really laughed at. I beleive there was a Gene Shalit(NBC 4 Movie Critique) referance that no one got, or didn't find funny.
There was also a referance to 'The Fourth Wall' being broke. Where characters in a play know they are in a play and speak to the audience. Only myself and a few others laughed at this one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks