What's new

B&w 300 Series (1 Viewer)

Gianluca

Agent
Hi everybody,

does anybody know this Series from B&W.
I got a VERY good deal from a local shop, so I am thinking about buying this...
The receiver will be Yamaha, DVD player Sony.

PS is the sub B&W ASW300 good?

Lam Nguyen

Stunt Coordinator
This is one of B&W lower line of speaker. I never have auditioned it but have read very reviews about them in Home Theater Magazine & WhatHifi. If you could get them for a good price then definately go for it. B&W subs are good but overpriced in my opinion.

Mark Dickerson

Stunt Coordinator
The 300 series is B+W's entry line of speakers. I auditioned them last year and for the money (I am talking here about the MSRP of $300/pr.), I think it is a great value. The are very warm, but not muddy. I really liked them, but ended up going higher in price to get something different. nevertheless, I like them much, much better than the 600 series, which is supposed to be a step up (too laid back for me).

At their list price, I think they are a very good buy. If you are getting them at a discount, then they are a great buy. BUT, the bottom line is: do you like the sound? You have to live with them, so if you don't like them, they are a bad buy no matter what kind of a deal you get. But if you like the sound, get them. B+W builds a great product and you always get your money's worth. So if you like the sound, they are a good product at a fair price.

Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks