What's new

B&K Ref 30 radio preset question (1 Viewer)

Andrew P

Second Unit
How do you set radio stations using this pre/amp? I cant seem to figure this out. Im pretty sure there are 40 presets, but...

This is probably one of the dumbest questions ive ever had to ask, but I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Andy

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 307 so if you find out let me know too! I've seen this posted on numerous sites with no answers. That's the one big complaint I have w/ B&K is the horrible manual you get with it.

Thanks,

Rob Lloyd

J

John Morris

Yeah, me too on the FM presets. Also, how do you adjust the volume on the Zone 2 output? I push the Z button and zone 2 lights of a second and then nothing???

John Gleichman

Auditioning
Don't use Zone 2.

But I can give you my answer for the 40 radio presets - I think you have to save each one as one of your 'favorites' or whatever they call saving ALL your settings as a preset. I think that's totally lame, but that is the only way I've found you can do it. Ref manual totally skips the question.

The 'better' way I found was to program a macro page on my Pronto remote - that way I can create Icons for each radio station. Just push the button, radio is selected as input, and the station is keyed in. I have one page for AM and one for FM. Works great. however, I rarely listen to radio, oh well.

good luck,

John

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I use Zone 2 and to adjust the volume (I'm going to another amp, not using the internal amp mod) with the remote:

Zone, 2, then QUICKLY adjust the volume. You only get a second or 2 before it swithes back to Zone 1 control.

My house is in a valley and I get 0 radio stations right now so the presets haven't been a concern. I'm either moving soon or putting an antenea on the roof.

I'll have to try messing around w/ the presets/favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks