What's new

B&K at CES (1 Viewer)

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone out at CES been by the B&K booth yet? I'm wondering if they have any answers about the update for the ref 30 or the oft-rumored ref 40. Lord knows you can't get information by e-mailing, calling, or writing them.

Thanks, Brian

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
They had something there about the Reference 30 Special Limited Edition Mark II Plus.
Just joshin'. :)

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Brian,

B&K doesn't have a booth at CES, they have a private suite at Caesar's Palace each year.

This is a mistake on their part, as most journalists don't have the time to make it to their suite.

I'll call their PR agency on Monday and see what I missed out on.

Regards,

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
I did not see B&K at CES in Indy either. Thanks John, now i know why.

I don't understand, they have excellent products but fail to be present at these important HI-FI events.

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
And as of this moment, they have zero dealers in Canada. I called and asked about that, was told they can barely keep up with the orders now (was the Ref 30) but have some things in the works to re-establish a Canadian distributor.

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you very much John. I hope that you hear some good news about an upgrade for the ref 30 or perhaps a a whole new ref 40.

By the way, belated thanks for your review of the ref 30 from December 2000. I must have read that article at least 15 times! It is by far the most in depth review I've ever seen of the ref 30.

Thanks, Brian

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Serge,

B&K has a booth every year at CEDIA, and in 2002 they displayed their multizone receiver.

Brian,

Thanks, it's nice to know our work is read, seriously.

Regards,

Gifford L

Agent
They are pushing their new Zone receivers for whole house audio/video which are very impressive once they got into the software that set them up and showed what they could do.

On the pre/pro front I was told to be safe they are saying summer for a new receiver/ pre-pro and upgrade. Also they are working on a ultra high end balanced series for their products and a top of the line Digital amplifier these wil be much more than traditional B&K stuff has been though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks