What's new

Axiom vs Paradigm build quality? (1 Viewer)

Brian Olsen

Agent
Good morning,
Has anyone had complaints about the build quality of Axiom or Paradigm speakers? Or even thoughts in general?
I am leaning towards Paradigm because of all the discussion on the boards, but I need to hear them first.
Paradigm System 3 (Phantom)
No link for the Axiom :frowning:
Front M50
Center VP100
Surround QS4
Rear Center 1QS4
Oh and for the mean time, I am not going with a sub.
TIA,
Brian Olsen

Sihan Goi

Second Unit
Paradigm Reference's build quality is pretty good, but I'm not particularly enamoured by its Monitor series and below. Its decent, but nothing spectacular I guess.

Jason Co

Second Unit
Brian,
The man you want to talk to is Marc Hallam at Audioshop. Axiom information can be found here. I own Axiom (M50, VP150, QS4's) and compared them to the Monitor 7's. I just think the Axioms sound fuller to me. You can find the Audioshop web site here
Good Luck,
Jason

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I recently took apart a damaged Mini Monitor and was actually surprised at how decent the cabinet is for a mass market speaker at this price point. The wood is not particularly thick, but it is well braced and put together well, making a fairly solid less resonant cabinet. Certainly not the best cabinets, but not bad.

I have not had an Axiom apart, but they felt very light for their size (M3Ti). Though they may lack bracing or just use thin wood, the cabinet design and assembly is quite good also.

I would not be concerned about build quality of either of these manufacturers.

Barry BB

Stunt Coordinator
The Phantoms are actually not the best choice in the Paradigm line so be sure to listen carefully when you audition to make sure that it sounds good to you, which is all that matters.

Brae

Supporting Actor
I have no complaints about the build quality of my Studio 100's, ADP's and CC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks