What's new

Avia Home Theater Setup Guide (1 Viewer)

Brian^E

Grip
Has anyone ever used the Avia Home Theater Setup Guide DVD? A guy at Crutchfield told me it is great for setting up your audio and adjusting your HD video colors.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Yep couldn't live without it. It has audio and video tests to allow you to properly calibrate your setup. Short of a professional ISF calibration this is the disc you need.

I have the original version that only allows you to balance out a 5.1 system. There was supposed to be a newer version out - it maybe already - that has test tones for 6.1.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Brian,

yes, that DVD is an invaluable tool for calibrating your HT rig. Personally, it used to take me forever to calibrate my set-up before I got it, and even then it wasn't right. AVIA will help you set your monitor to NTSC standards and make every DVD you play look as accurate as possible.

And yes, as stated, an SPL meter is a must to accompany AVIA to likewise set up your audio.

Highly recommended.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I was amazed at how much better my picture looked after adjusting my settings with the AVIA disc. It's like night and day. As soon as I get the dough for a SPL meter, I'll do my sound levels as well. It's a definite must if you can find it. They did put out a cheaper version of the disc under the title of SOUND & VISION HOME THEATER SET-UP or something to that effect. It's only around $14 and contains most of the same calibration tests as the AVIA disc. Both are by Ovation software. That one should still be readily available.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Lol, I think this is like walking into a car forum and asking if anyone here had every checked their tire pressure.

I would assume the majority of regular posters here own one of the several audio and video calibration DVDs currently on the market. If you're interested, there are pieces of infomration in our site' FAQ AND PRIMER document (link in my sig), including an introduction ot calibration discs that I have written very recently.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks