What's new

Avia and Crossover Frequency (1 Viewer)

MikeDierbeck

Agent
Hello

Well, I have used Avia and have all of the speakers (including the Sub) calibrated to 85dB from my seating position. As I stated above, when I used an 80Hz crossover for all of the speakers, the dialogue didn't sound too good. However, I messed around a bit and got good results with the following crossovers:

Front Speaker Crossover > 90Hz

Center Speaker Crossver > 60Hz

Surround Speaker Crossover > 80Hz

LFE HIGH CUT FILTER > 80Hz

I have the LFE set at the maximum which is 0dB and all of the speakers set at small.

My question now is, are these crossovers all right in giving me very good quality sound? I know sometimes that whatever SOUNDS good to us really isn't the correct levels that are systems should be at. Are some of these x-overs too high? too low?

I've read Guy's thread about the warble tests and the low frequency tests, but I"m not exactly sure how to run them correctly? When I do the warble tests, my results fluctuate from 74dB up to 80dB, down to 75dB, up again to the low 80's, back and fourth everytime. Is this all right?

Also, when I do the low frequency tests, it starts at I think 200Hz and works its way down. How do I use this function? is this what I use for the crossover frequencies?

Thanks for ANY help whatsover. Right now, my system sounds good to me, but I want to make sure I"m setting the crossovers correctly.

Mike

MikeDierbeck

Agent
I have an Sony STRDE975 receiver with separate crossovers for each speaker. I have a JBL S-CENTER Speaker and a JBL subwoofer. On the sub itself, I have the x-over frequency set all the way up and put the x-over for the sub on the receiver to 80Hz like everyboyd recommends. I have JBL Tower speakers, and Bose surround speakers.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks