What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Autumn (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Pretty shots!

the first wild picnic table plant is in bloom, apparently. :D It looks like it is growing in a field of wildflowers..

Jay

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Unfortunately, it's still too early in the season here for that picnic table to change colors.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

winduptoy

Auditioning
Real Name
William
Nice photos Scott! Sure looks like a great place to be this time of year.

Would it be bad form if I posted a few autumn shots? Here's what we're up to in Oct. & Nov.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Nice photos, William. That 2nd one would have looked great as a wide angle shot. That crimson color looks wonderful.

I bet Nova Scotia looks beautiful this time of year. Our only trip there was in the summer, and we thought it was beautiful then. Cape Breton, especially, is such a wonderful place.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Nice autumn colors, guys. I haven't shot much myself, but maybe I'll join the fun and post something next week when I find time.

To quote one Belgian photog I admire (and am friendly w/ on the net):

"Equipment is not the issue. It's all about vision." :D

Having said that, I don't think you need any special equipment for the kinds of photos posted in this thread, particularly at those (web-friendly) sizes. Most any decent compact digicam would do fine for these -- and throw in a reasonable tripod setup for some of them perhaps, particularly if you want them displayed at large sizes. Oh, that and maybe a little bit of postprocessing work would help depending on the exact images and desired results.

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

While I am using a Canon DSLR (40D, to be exact), probably the only advantage over a standard digital point & shoot for these shots was the wider angle lens -- a lot of compact cameras only have a 35mm field of view at the wide end, while my standard "walkaround" 17-55 f/2.8 lens is around 27mm field of view at the wide end. I didn't use my true "wide angle" 10-22mm lens for any of the shots here.

The better high ISO performance of a DSLR only came in handy for the one shot of the small yellow tree in the woods. Otherwise, as Man said, most any decent digital camera would do. It's all about composition and getting the right light.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks