What's new

Auntie Mame - where is is Warner Brothers? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
The classic comedy Auntie Mame (1958) starring Rosalind Russell is WAY overdue!
The last I heard the original print was in tatters but wonder if Warner has found a good source copy to work with yet? I know the movie has been out on VHS for years and a new video re-release done this year... but no DVD :frowning:
OK guys, where is it?

Phillip_T

Auditioning
I agree. Auntie Mame is one of my most favorite uplifting movie. I'd definitely buy the DVD. It would make my day to hear to hear some release information.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see there are other people who share my opinion of this movie. I always contended this was one of the best family movies ever made. I remember there was some suggestion of a DVD release of this movie a couple of years ago, but nothing came of it. For now, I satisfy my Auntie Mame "fix" by watching on TCM. At least they broadcast the movie OAR.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I want it, but I want Warners to rejuvenate the film elements before going ahead with a DVD.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
A Warner rep said they are working on it and it should be out in either 2002 or 2003.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Great news!
Unless that rep is an "Arian from Darion with braces on her brains..." ;)

Russ Felton

Stunt Coordinator
I would definately want this on DVD. I have it on laserdisc and it is on of my most watched (and the transfer on the laser is nice but it could be better). I would like "Auntie Mame" and "What's Up Doc?" on DVD (are you listening Warner Bros.?)

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks