What's new

Audiophile needing brand and model suggestions on super economic but accurate center and mains (1 Viewer)

fastline

Auditioning
Real Name
bo
I am working on a quick and CHEAP system for my parents. They did not plan on having to buy anything but just cannot handle the poor sound from their TV. For now, I will focus on just the 3 front speakers to get clean sound for them. I am kind of a Klipsch guy but I don't think even Klipsch is in their budget. we are talking 200 bucks for center and two wall mount or bookshelf mains.
I am hoping to find some "less than well known" lines, used, etc. I probably will not get a chance to audition so looking for your experiences to guide me a bit. I usually run a "manly" center that can reall handle diolog accurately without strain.

fastline

Auditioning
Real Name
bo
I actually was looking at a BIC dv62clr locally. They get decent reviews. I was also looking at Acoustic Reasearch and Yamaha. Really surprised on a couple of bookshelf speaker shootouts that the Yammy is right up there with the best of them. I am not familiar to know which to shop for interesting.
BIC and Acoustic Research ar super cheap. I JUST miss a set of ARs for 40 bucks.... Always my luck with CL. If it sound like a good deal, it is already GONE..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks