What's new

Audiophile needing brand and model suggestions on super economic but accurate center and mains (1 Viewer)

fastline

Auditioning
Real Name
bo
I am working on a quick and CHEAP system for my parents. They did not plan on having to buy anything but just cannot handle the poor sound from their TV. For now, I will focus on just the 3 front speakers to get clean sound for them. I am kind of a Klipsch guy but I don't think even Klipsch is in their budget. we are talking 200 bucks for center and two wall mount or bookshelf mains.
I am hoping to find some "less than well known" lines, used, etc. I probably will not get a chance to audition so looking for your experiences to guide me a bit. I usually run a "manly" center that can reall handle diolog accurately without strain.

fastline

Auditioning
Real Name
bo
I actually was looking at a BIC dv62clr locally. They get decent reviews. I was also looking at Acoustic Reasearch and Yamaha. Really surprised on a couple of bookshelf speaker shootouts that the Yammy is right up there with the best of them. I am not familiar to know which to shop for interesting.
BIC and Acoustic Research ar super cheap. I JUST miss a set of ARs for 40 bucks.... Always my luck with CL. If it sound like a good deal, it is already GONE..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digital Dan