What's new

Audio Thru TV (1 Viewer)

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
I have a 50H81 Toshiba, and Adcom seperates.

Does everyone run thier audio from Sat. "thru" the TV and out to thier preamp/reciever? The reason I have to do this is because I can't get the DisnNetwork remote to orerate the Adcom preamp. Should I run the audio straight to the Adcom preamp and get used to different remotes? (kids etc.) Is there any loss of sound quality going thru the TV?

Thanks,

Charles Guajardo

Stunt Coordinator
have you thought about a universal or "learning" remote? These remotes can learn the IR commands from your existing remotes so that you can control everything from one remote. The Home Theater Master MX500 or Philips Pronto should do the trick.

I run all my audio directly into my receiver and control it with an MX-500.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
As Charles mentioned there are Universal Remotes that will more than likely do the trick and either the Pronto or the Home Theater Master will most certainly work, but for a cheaper alternative if cost is an issue, you may want to look at the One-4-All Cinema 7. I have a Phillips Pronto and five (yep...that's right FIVE) Cinema 7's in the house and the the little One-4-All get most of the play time! You can pick up the non-Learning version at your local Wal*Mart (if you have a Wal*Mart) for around $16.00 or it's smarter Learning Version at Sears, Circuit City, etc. for around $29.00. These little babies are great and other than running out of memory if you have LOTS of gear...I've yet to find something that they won't control.
Now, don't get me wrong...both the Pronto and the Home Theater Master are far superior to the little One-4-All, but cost quite a bit more too. Not to mention that if the kids break the Cinema 7...you're out $16 - $29 rather than $200-$300!

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i also just bought a MX-500. i LOVE it. it replaced 8 remotes without a hitch.

i got it for about 130 bucks...

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
i too just purchased the mx-500, and I cant wait to get it. I got it for 130.00 from surfremotecontrol.com and they have been very nice and helpful to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks