What's new

Audio Spec = low quality??? (1 Viewer)

Salvador

Second Unit
What are your thoughts on the brand audio spec??? I got free wires and 2 pairs of banana plugs basically for 30 canadian. I swear, this dealer from tabangi is so full of shit but that place is the only place i could find around my area that offers a decent price for 3802's. Well anyway, i got these gold audio spec banana plugs just to get me started. Its pretty cheap anyway but he said original retail is $60 bucks for each pair. I just HATE that guy and i'll probably never go back to that place again unless my 3802 goes berserk. But i want to get some feedback on the 16 gauge shielded audio spec wire he gave me and those gold banana plugs.

thanks

btw, these are going to drive paradigm studio 20's.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
never heard of them...i'm confused, did you get something for free or are you saying you paid 60 bucks for rca plugs?

Salvador

Second Unit
i got the 30 feet of wire, original Audio Spec Latitude (L2) High definition Audio cable (there's 2 16 gauge cable enclosed in a jacket with straw like fiber insulation), for free.

the banana plugs, Audio Spec LB Five , cost me 30 bucks for 2 pairs.

Just wondering if i should switch later on to better cables and banana plugs.

I just couldn't control my excitement!

oh yeah, and it says its made in canada

Salvador

Second Unit
i don't know much about cables but my brand new paradigm studio 20's sound anemic too me at the moment. It might be this break in period people are talking about but i also suspect these wires. I've been trying to find info on the internet about the audio spec brand and i can't find any.

would it be worth it to upgrade to 12gauge cable? if so what brand?

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
i doubt its the supposed break in as more likely what is happening is your ears are breaking in...i'm sure your cable are fine and although you've paid a goodly sum for the connectors i can't see 12 gauge of any sort improving what appears as your disatisfaction with your speakers. assuming your unhappiness is not due to various room issues, perhaps you can return your speakers and audition others that may be more suited to your musical tastes. looking for cables to improve the 'sound' of your speakers just isn't going to work...they're not tone controls or magical devices...your issues lie elsewhere

Salvador

Second Unit
Chu, i've auditioned so many speakers already and this is what i chose. After listening to it for most part of the day, it did improve. Then again it might be just me, this subjectivity is killing me! My mom mentioned though that she did notice some improvement from last night. I think i'll give this more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks