What's new

Attila the Cat (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Yikes. I don't think it works that way. I told something similar to a highschool sweetheart whose dog had died. To this day I feel terrible when I think about it -- I didn't know any better then!

I remain a no-pet person but I can at least understand that for pet people, it's like losing someone, and can empathise on that level. Sorry for your loss, Jack.

--
H

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
So sorry for your loss Jack! My wife and I know the feeling... we've had (and lost) a number of our furry kids. We've got one boy right now who is 19!

Hang in there.... all the best!

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Man, I hate to hear this. Over the years I've lost two cats, one 15 and the other 18, and a dog who was about 15. It's tough to get over, but you always have fond memories. My wife and I have a 4 year old pom now so we still have a lot of good years left with her to trade affections.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Jack, I'm very sorry for your loss of Attila.

As Dennis said, about 4 months we had to say goodby to Mickey, age just under 21 years, who had been our family's companion for over 19 years.

It's stupid little things you do automatically, or occurences you almost subconsciously expect to happen that make you realize you're still so used to having that little friend around.

There's a YouTube little fragment of a family who gave a lion cub it's free life - and when a year later they return to the place where they freed him, expecting absolutely nothing when finally he shows up, he approaches them carefully: to suddenly run to them in joy, jumping up and literally hugging both of of them. (And there's a second one, where he brings his new female mate to the meeting.) It may be staged a little, or perhaps be totally genuine, but it brings tears to many eyes anyway.

It's great to be able to have or have had non-human friends like that. And we, the humans, have the advantage: we do remember them.

Cees

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Sorry to hear about your cat. :frowning:

I know how you feel, I lost 2 of my kitties in the past couple of years- one that was 21 years old and one that was only 6.

Hopefully soon you'll feel ready to bring another great kitty into your life.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
My belated condolences- very sorry to hear about Fluffy Pumpkin (Official Kitty of the HTF?) and Katie too. My cat Sammy passed away last year right around his 12th birthday- he'd been diagnosed with kidney disease the year before, but he'd been checked out 2 weeks prior and the vet said he was doing fine. I've got 2 videos of him on YouTube which were shot when he was about a year old, I'm glad I have them to remember him.

I've got 2 new kitties now, they're brother and sister so I named them Greg and Marcia after The Brady Bunch.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Sorry to hear about your loss. I can see just from your post that you were great companions! I've had a few cats over the past several years. We lost a couple at only 3 years (one was hit by a car and the other got some sort of cancer), and a couple of others that made it to 13 and 15 or so. I'll be picking up a new 4 month old on Saturday, I can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks