At first I thought there was a NEW edition of THE THING (1982)...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Gordon McMurphy, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

[​IMG]

Same features and apparently the same transfer, as it says "2.35:1 WIDESCREEN" and not "ANAMORPHIC WIDESCREEN". I wonder why Universal repackaged it? It was dropped in price last year from £19.99 to £9.99, but this repackage is back to £19.99!

Maybe Universal are repackaging all the previously co-owned/distributed Universal-Columbia Tri-Star titles that they now own outright and distribute in the UK themselves.

Will they ever remaster The Thing in anamorphic and on 2 discs for a higher bitrate? The current transfer rate averages out at about 4mbps, which is very low by todays standards.

It's a great film and the DVD has been a huge seller for Universal, and a new, spruced-up edition would be most welcome.

Gordy

2. Sean Campbell

Sean Campbell Second Unit

The new box art is the same as the recently released 'The Thing' PC game. Perhaps Universal are trying to make the movie appeal to people who played the game but who aren't aware that it's based on a movie ( not many I'd assume )?

3. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
    If the guy up front had been wearing shades and a sombrero, it might've worked [​IMG]

---
    So many films, so little time...