What's new

At first I thought there was a NEW edition of THE THING (1982)... (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member

Same features and apparently the same transfer, as it says "2.35:1 WIDESCREEN" and not "ANAMORPHIC WIDESCREEN". I wonder why Universal repackaged it? It was dropped in price last year from £19.99 to £9.99, but this repackage is back to £19.99!

Maybe Universal are repackaging all the previously co-owned/distributed Universal-Columbia Tri-Star titles that they now own outright and distribute in the UK themselves.

Will they ever remaster The Thing in anamorphic and on 2 discs for a higher bitrate? The current transfer rate averages out at about 4mbps, which is very low by todays standards.

It's a great film and the DVD has been a huge seller for Universal, and a new, spruced-up edition would be most welcome.

Gordy

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
The new box art is the same as the recently released 'The Thing' PC game. Perhaps Universal are trying to make the movie appeal to people who played the game but who aren't aware that it's based on a movie ( not many I'd assume )?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks