What's new

Assistance needed with TV (1 Viewer)

Michaelr;-P

Auditioning
Hello All,

I am a long time lurker 1st time poster.* I need your advise on selecting a new TV.* I am interested in purchasing one of the following TVs and don't know which is best:
(1) CT-34WX52
(2) PT-40LC12
(3) PT-45LC12
(4) PT-42PD3-P

I know that they are all different types of TVs but, I like them all and don't really know which is best or what the benefits are compared to each other.* Any advise would be appreciated.* Thanks...

RenoV

Agent
Hello Michael, I can't help you out, but if you include what brand/type/size those TV's above are and for what application this TV will be used for (like 60% movies and 20% games and 20% cable for example) then I'm sure the other members that are more knowledgeable than I would be able to help you better. :)

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Michael, no one can tell you which TV is "best." If they could, this forum would be a list of "best TVs." All sets involve their own trade-offs, and which is best for you depends on which trade-offs you're willing to make.
Some basic points:
1. Figure out what source represents your most critical viewing, the viewing when you want the absolute maximum in picture quality. This may or may not be the source you watch the most. (For me, my most critical viewing is movies on DVD, which make up only 20% or so of my total viewing. However, that's when I'm most demanding of picture quality.)
2. Determine the factors that most enhance your most critical viewing. Screen size? Aspect ratio? Sharpness? Color fidelity? Weight these factors more heavily than other, less important considerations.
3. You should end up knowing that you want, say, a direct view, 4:3 set, which will narrow your choices. Then you can post about those specific sets and get more relevant feedback. Same goes if you narrow it down to widescreen RPTVs, plasma, front projectors, or whatever.
Good luck,
Jan

Michaelr;-P

Auditioning
Thank you for the response; however, I forgot to mention the following... These are all Panasonic TV's...

Secondly, this is what the TV will mailny be used for... (60% TV) (40% Movies)... I am not big into game therefore -I am not considering that as a %..... Any pro's and con's with any of the TV's listed.. I really don't know if I should get tube, projection, plasma, etc... that is why I listed these for.. Any opinions would be apprciated...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks