What's new

Aspect ratio of upcoming Buena Vista catalog titles (1 Viewer)

Jodee

Screenwriter
I have been concerned that some upcoming Buena Vista catalog titles will be panned & scanned-- such as Can't Buy Me Love, Swing kids, Betsy's Wedding, and Alive.

None of the online retailers seem to have aspect ratio info on these titles. I finally called the Disney toll free number (1-800-72-DISNEY) to ask a rep and also to again register my preference for widescreen.

Although she did not have info on Can't Buy Me Love (I fear pan & scan rumors are correct on this one), she assured me that the other films I asked about would all be widescreen. She also asked where I had heard that Disney/BV was not doing widescreen and I told her I had read it on several different Internet sites. I also told her that the online retailers I shop at did not have specs listed which made me wonder.

The rep was very nice and took my name to request a widescreen Can't Buy Me Love. She seemed very understanding of the widescreen issue, but she did say that some calls ask for the non-widescreen version. She said it would be nice if they had both on there. I also pointed out that most of the people who don't want widescreen probably don't realize they are actually losing picture. She agreed with me and also took down my suggestion to put educational info on the DVDs.

I also told her that I own a widescreen TV, and I think hearing this from a woman helps. Hopefully other female HTFers will call so they'll realize that widescreen is not just a male-only thing.

I came away from the call feeling much better about the issue. However, I still want to buy Can't Buy Me Love in widescreen!

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
Disney sucks: they create artificial demand by limited time issued movies and then butcher their dvds so that conservatives can be happy. The one good thing they do is let gay people work at disney or whatever that thing was about. oh yeah...epcott center is cool(that's where I learned about all the countries of the world).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks