What's new

As of 7:30pm CST I think the forum layout is perfect. (1 Viewer)

RicP

Screenwriter
I really do.
I like the new organization and the combinations that were made.
Good Job :emoji_thumbsup:

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Yeah, it's good. Is it going to be different again in an hour? :laugh:
Just kidding, but it does seem to be changing frequently lately.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I was just on my way here to say the same thing. I had faith in you guys all along! Thanks for this forum Parker, Ron and all the moderators. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Dan Hine

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Should be the last major change for a while.

The only thing left to change: The two misc areas will be deleted after all the posts in them area sorted into proper categories.

The mods and especially PARKER have worked very hard at getting the forum to be easily navigated- and still have it be broken up to the point of being not too overwhelming. Took some work and some study, but it's done and I think it's pretty workable.

Thanks goes to Parker especially, and new mod Patrick for putting the finishing touches on my ideas (which I borrowed from HTF member felix_suwarno and reworked).

I think this will serve the forum best, and I hope it strikes a compromise for the members who found 15-16 hardware forums too hard to navigate. There are now only 5.

-V

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
It needs getting used to, especially with some of the title changes, just an opinion but wouldn't it be better if SOFTWARE was changed to DVD AREA, since its mostly dvds that are discussed there, the title Software doesn't do that section justice, its the most popular area on the HTF isn't it?
ps. erm and POLLS might as well be changed to TOURNAMENT AREA.;)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I like the new layout as well. Matter of fact, it'd darn sexy. Oh, baby!
ps. erm and POLLS might as well be changed to TOURNAMENT AREA.
I agree. It's all tourneys! There's even one no-lifer running three tourneys at once! What a dork! :rolleyes: ;)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Another big thank you here. Took a while but in my books you mods, Ron and Parker definately got it right in the end.

As soon as those misc sections are gone I think it will be perfect. Maybe some tweaking to section titles, but that has to be expected.

Great job, I really appreciate the end result and the effort that generated it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This reply is regarding the ideas of either breaking up the Software section or renaming it to "DVD's". I don't know if anyone is taking the suggestion seriously. In case they are, I wanted to give some feedback on this idea.

I disagree. On the one hand, there's not enough traffic regarding non-DVD format items to warrant breaking it up. Even if it were just into "DVD" and "Other", then the "Other" section would have so few posts in it that the mods would consider eliminating it again.

On the other hand, simply renaming "Software" into "DVD would make the section too exclusive, and give the impression that HTF is a DVD-only site, with no discussion allowed of non-DVD formats. Pooh on that. I myself only collect DVD, and am getting rid of my VHS as fast as I can afford to. I've never had LD or VCD or CED or even Beta, and I have no intent to get D-VHS. However, why should we exclude the discussion of these other formats? I've learned a lot from skimming such threads, and enjoy their inclusion here. My co-worker, Randy - who just started posting here on HTF - is an old BetaMax'er from way back, and could probably give lots of info for those who asked. Why throw out the access to that knowledge? Why imply that HTF *would* throw it out by renaming the software section? Why even rope off that topic into another area?

Also, what happens when the thread's topic is comparing old format versions to a current DVD? Where should the thread then go?

I suggest we leave "Software" as-is. Thanks for listening to my input,

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I see your points Dave, allow me to comment on them...
Also, what happens when the thread's topic is comparing old format versions to a current DVD? Where should the thread then go?
Put it in the big, fat DVD section! :) I presume new formats will always have the higher priority...
After rethinking the situation, I believe the optimal solution for the software area would be this:
Region-1 DVD Area (big as hell)
Regional DVD Area (small)
Other Home Video Formats (small)
Please let's discuss this! Thanx, Artur

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Guys,

I wouldn't worry too much about splitting software just yet. Software is really Ron's baby- and he has never mentioned any desire to see it split, nor have any of the mods.

Really, given how much trauma and headaches the current changes have created for Parker specifically -- I would doubt you will see any more major structure changes anytime soon.

-Vince

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Hey Vince...
No problem, it was just a suggestion - I'm equally happy either way, but why not share my thoughts on the topic... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks