What's new

Artwork available for The Wizard of OZ and Gone With the Wind (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yes, my first thought was they are not gonna fit on the shelf very well! Still, I'll be anxious for their release.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
The Casablanca set had the actual discs in more-or-less normal cardboard packaging that looks fine on my shelf by itself, and I keep the rest of the set stored elsewhere. Hopefully that's the case here.

Kris Z.

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like they could be similar to the I Am Legend UCE box. I'm sure they'll be nice, but as with Casablanca I'm not buying unless they also offer a regular edition for a sane price.

ReggieW

Screenwriter

I fully agree here.

I care nothing for the box and all the other gimmicks. PLEASE just give us the option of only purchasing the film/extras in a two-disc digipak release.

I really don't like the idea of paying for a bunch of stuff I don't want or need -especially in this economic climate.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
They look fine by me. Now are these the same masters used for the latest SE versions of the dvd? Makes sense if they do, but I heard they were going to do a new one for The Wizard of Oz.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
One story I heard is that Gone with the Wind was done in 2k, but the Wizard of Oz was done in 4k and they were so impressed they wanted to redo GWTW in 4k.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Couldn't agree with you more. PLEASE give the unwashed masses "regular" releases of these great classic films day-and-date with the very impressive (and very expensive) box sets. Not everyone is willing or able to spring for the full monty.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I hope the fact we are seeing package mockups from retailers now means these will show up in the first half of the year rather than showing up in a big gang-bang in Q4.
I sold off WOO in '06 when I thought it was coming soon, so I'm more than ready for this one and the packaging or extravegant cost will not be a deterant (unless work takes a real nose dive which is always possible). GWTW remains one of my favorite films of all time, yet I still haven't sat down and watched the SE from start to finish (replayed many scenes here and there though). More and more, I'm feeling less and less enchanted with Bd upgrades of what were already perfectly competent standard def releases. GWTW looked stunning on DVD. Of course it will look better in HD, but the cost vs value as an upgrade concerns me. Over the last month, I've upgraded about 18 titles to the tune of about $260. While all look 'better', the percieved difference almost across the board has been exceedingly minor. Since GWTW already looks so remarkable, I definitely worry I will fall into the underwhelming as an upgrade category.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Yes: Blu-ray logo at the top, the title in the same font as the movie in the middle, and the WB logo at the bottom. All of it's in gold lettering.

I've updated my post above with the final artwork that shows the cover for the disc packaging. It's the one just above the discs themselves and just to the right of the box.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

were is this artwork coming from, and what does it really mean?

andrew are you the source of the artwork, were did you get it?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
2009 really does promise to be a GREAT year for Blu-ray from Warner Bros.

Gone With the Wind
Wizard Of Oz
Ben Hur
North By Northwest
Amadeus
Chariots of Fire

$$$$$ worth spending.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I hope Warner doesn't pull a "Casablanca" and restrict these to Box set only releases.

I don't need or want the box of junk :P and sure as hell don't want to pay 200% more for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks