What's new

Arthur Hill Passes Away - R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Arthur Hill, the veteran film and television actor, has died in a Pacific Palisades, California extended care facility after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease. He was 84 years old when he passed away on October 26, 2006 and had not worked since 1990.

Most people will probably remember him from his starring role in the television series "Owen Marshall, Counselor at Law" which ran from 1971-1974. He also appeared on TV in "Alfred Hitchcock Presents", "The Untouchables", "Mission Impossible", "The Fugitive", and "Marcus Welby, M.D." and had roles in films such as "A Bridge Too Far", "Harper", and "The Ugly American". However, I'll *always* remember him most fondly for his role as Dr. Jeremy Stone in Robert Wise's "The Andromeda Strain". He was a great presence in film, on stage, and on screen and he will be missed. R.I.P. Mr. Hill.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yes, I will always remember him in Robert Wise's The Andromeda Strain......in fact I am going to put it in right now.

Rest in peace Mr. Hill, your good works will not be forgotten by me (particularly The Ugly American (1963) & his narration of Something Wicked This Way Comes.).

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
He was a wonderful presence in A Little Romance, playing Diane Lanes step father- one of the few, or only, sympathetic adult characters in the film. While I'm sorry for his familys loss, I'm sure the alzheimers has been very taxing for them, especially if it was a long battle. I'm sure that mixed in with the emptiness in his absence is a sense of releif that he is finally at peace.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I ended up watching it last night too Kevin. Even with the (by today's standards) antiquated computer technology in the film, it's amazing how well it holds up. And Hill's portrayal of Stone as the unapologetic hard-nosed scientist who plays the political game to get what he wants is really an interesting one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks