What's new

Arlene Dahl passes away at age 96 (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Arlene Dahl was one of the last surviving performers groomed in the old Studio System!

Among the few left remaining in this Earthly realm, Angela Lansbury is the only other one that I can think of who has had lasting fame through the decades.

May Arlene Rest In Peace. :(

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Arlene Dahl was one of the last surviving performers groomed in the old Studio System!

Among the few left remaining in this Earthly realm, Angela Lansbury is the only other one that I can think of who has had lasting fame through the decades.

May Arlene Rest In Peace. :(
Kim Novak is still with us, a product of the studio system (Columbia Pictures). Piper Laurie is another one. Groomed for stardom by Universal in the 1950s but it was only when she left Universal that she found rewarding roles (The Hustler, Carrie).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
May she R.I.P. Besides Journey to the Center of the Earth, I enjoyed her in Woman's World, Ambush, Scene of the Crime and The Outriders.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Some Favorites of mine with Arlene Dahl.
AA REIN OF TERROR.jpeg
AA SHE PLAYED FIRE.jpg
AA SLIGHT SCARLET.jpg
AA AMBUSH.jpg

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Someone has just uploaded a "tribute" to Arlene Dahl on YouTube. It's probably garbage - most of these things on YouTube are - but I'll have a look at it later today.

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lon Cross
Wonderful in Slightly Scarlet with fellow redhead Rhonda Fleming as her sister and John Payne, to boot. Also loved her in the bio-musical Three Little Words with Fred Astaire, Red Skelton and Vera-Ellen.
Rest in peace, rest in paradise, Arlene Dahl.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks