What's new

Argento and Fulci movies being re-released on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Hi,

Anyone hear anything about their movies being released again on DVD?

I seem to see a lot of people seeling their Argento and Fulci movies like Deep red, bird with crystal plummage, City of the Living Dead etc.

any news?

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
My understanding is that a great deal of the Anchor Bay Argento releases will eventually have their rights revert to Blue Underground, who would then presumably make new discs. As to when this is supposed to hapen, I'm not sure.

While I can't find any fault in the Deep Red, Inferno, or Opera discs from Anchor Bay, Phenomena and Tenebre both need new video transfers (but the sound on both is excellent) and Suspiria could use a sound mix more true to the original (but picture is spectacular).

-Lyle J.P.

Editied to Include Inferno (how could I forget that one?).

Joshua_W

Second Unit
The Anchor Bay "Deep Red" DVD has a new end-credit sequence.

The original showed the face of one of the actors reflected in a pool of blood in full motion while the credits ran over it.

The AB disc uses a freeze-frame of the scene while new English credits run.

It's sort of small, but it spoils an interesting effect.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I remember Blue Underground is getting the rights to Phenomena, Tenebre, Deep Red, Inferno, Demons, and Demons 2; but I don't know if they're getting the rights to Opera, The Church, and/or Suspiria (three titles they acquired after the initial six).

I haven't heard anything about any Fulci titles going over to Blue Underground, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I read somewhere that BU was going to release Four Flies on Grey Velvet, can anyone else confirm that?

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
I hope BU gets the rights to House by the Cemetery, since I'm sure they'll put the original Italian audio track on there. The english dubbing job about ruins the movie.

I also wouldn't mind them releasing City of the Living Dead with a new transfer. I would gladly re-buy both of these. I'm a huge Fulci whore. :D

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
The Italian track of "House by the Cemetery" is preferred? Really? Does it somewhat ameliorate Bob's oddly older womanish voice?

(Also wondering if anyone's done a "House" side-by-side comparison of the Anchor Bay vs. EC ultrabit versions?)

I recently read that Anchor Bay is revisiting "City of the Living Dead" (not BU I don't think). BU is working on Argento's "Bird with the Crystal Plumage", and is supposedly revisiting some other AB Argento titles (Deep Red? Tenebrae?). And I believe there's still some hope that Shriek Show will one day release Fulci's "Lizard's Skin".

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
"The Italian track of "House by the Cemetery" is preferred? Really? Does it somewhat ameliorate Bob's oddly older womanish voice?"

I don't know, but it's GOTTA be better. Bob has the worst dub of any character EVER. Instead of getting an actual boy to do the dub, they got, apparently, an older woman to do it. Stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks