What's new

Are these AV components well mated / matched? How can I do better? (1 Viewer)

des0free

Auditioning
Real Name
des
I randomly inherited and combined the AV components listed below. I would like advice on whether this is a sensible combination for listening to music CDs and watching DVD videos, and digital video/music files, or whether some components are "poorly matched" and would be sensible to improve upon? (which component(s) most limit the performance? perhaps the cheapo dvd/cd player?) - Polk rti12 speakers Woofer three 7" Diameter (17.78cm)Polymer Composite with Rubber surround Midrange two 5-1/4" Diameter (13.34cm) Polymer Composite Dynamic Balance with rubber surround Tweeter one - 1" Diameter (2.54cm) Silk/Polymer composite dome Overall Frequency Response 18Hz-27kHz Nominal Impedance 8 ohms Recommended Amplifier Power 50-500 w/channel - Harmon Kardon HK3485 receiver 120.0 Watt - 8.0 Ohm - THD 0.07 % - 2.0 channel(s) ( Main ) - Kenwood SW-32HT powered subwoofer 8" downward-firing driver fed by a 100 watt amplifier, bass-reflex, includes a volume control, crossover level control, and line-level inputs - Sony DVP-NS72HP dvd/cd player (was a cheapo player?) Connected by HDMI to TV & RCA stereo audio cables to receiver) reads the data on a standard DVD at 480p, 12 bit video d/a, 16 bit audio d/a) - Cinematube digital media player (up to 1080p HD, connected by HDMI to TV & RCA stereo audio cables to receiver) - Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130 40" LCD connected by HDMI to DVD player Native Resolution: 720p Contrast Ratio: 1600:1 Display Resolution: 1366 x 768

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I think it's fine. It's because your fronts are matching, I really only see an issue if your two fronts, and say your center dont match. I bought my fronts and center from Def Tech, and they are matching series, because I wanted to be safe, but my sub is a Klipsch. I generally think you buy your speakers from one place, and your sub from another anyway. Only thing you need is a blu-ray player :).

Does the HK rcvr have an auto audio setup like Audyssey?

The Rcvr appears to have OK power, but you may want more punch later than the 8" sub, but I'm not familiar with that sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks