What's new

Are there any small (7" or less) LCD's that plug into wall outlets? (1 Viewer)

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
The reason why I am asking is that I want to have an LCD panel to help in the setup for my system. I am thinking about purchasing a RPTV or projector pretty soon, and I hate the idea of having to turn on the huge set just to get into setup mode, but then again I dont have $3000+ to spend on a Rotel 1098 or a Parasound C1. I also like the LCD because of the small amount of space that it takes up, as I would probably mount either to fold up in an empty section of my setup or on the door to my A/V rack. I have seen the car ones, some of which go for less than $100, but they all seem to work on 12v power, not 120v coming out of my wall socket. I have seen some really nice units from this site:
http://www.aeicomp.com/
But all they displays here are also 12v. Is there any way that a 12v display could work with only a 120v supply? Any information/help/opinions would be great. Thanks

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
If you buy a cheap LCD panel intended for automotive application you'll need an AC/DC transformer to plug into your wall outlet. A Google search turned up this one for $40.

Tony Casler

Agent
Look around at a video game shop like EB or Babbage's, they usually carry LCD screens for PS2/Xbox. Most of them are around 5" and $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks