Are there any small (7" or less) LCD's that plug into wall outlets?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by chung_sotheby, Aug 19, 2003.

1. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

The reason why I am asking is that I want to have an LCD panel to help in the setup for my system. I am thinking about purchasing a RPTV or projector pretty soon, and I hate the idea of having to turn on the huge set just to get into setup mode, but then again I dont have $3000+ to spend on a Rotel 1098 or a Parasound C1. I also like the LCD because of the small amount of space that it takes up, as I would probably mount either to fold up in an empty section of my setup or on the door to my A/V rack. I have seen the car ones, some of which go for less than $100, but they all seem to work on 12v power, not 120v coming out of my wall socket. I have seen some really nice units from this site:
    http://www.aeicomp.com/
    But all they displays here are also 12v. Is there any way that a 12v display could work with only a 120v supply? Any information/help/opinions would be great. Thanks

2. Bob Maged

Bob Maged Stunt Coordinator

If you buy a cheap LCD panel intended for automotive application you'll need an AC/DC transformer to plug into your wall outlet. A Google search turned up this one for $40.

3. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    What about this one?

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PCM-4

You can't use any of the 10% off codes floating around since it's a "Geek Special", but it still isn't a bad deal, and includes everything you're looking for...except 7".

That didn't come out right. :b

4. Tony Casler

Tony Casler Agent

Look around at a video game shop like EB or Babbage's, they usually carry LCD screens for PS2/Xbox. Most of them are around 5" and $100.