What's new

Anywhere to watch NFL playoffs in Venice, Italy? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I'm going to be in Venice on Sunday and was wondering if there was possibly a sports bar where I could watch the NFL playoffs. I've done this before in Germany, but I have no idea if anything similar exists in Italy?

Jeff

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Try the International Herald Tribune for bars and pubs that might have it.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Hold it a moment - you're going to be in *Venice*, the most beautiful city in the world, and you want to watch a football game instead?

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins

I'm talking like at around midnight or so I wouldn't mind stopping in to see the 2nd half of the Colts/Broncos game. Believe me, if it were any earlier in the day I wouldn't even consider it.

Jeff

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
the broncos are in the playoffs? does this make me a bad denver resident for not knowing? :D

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I'd be very surprised if there were any bars open on Sunday nights and even if so, if they'd be showing American Football.

However, there are 24 internet cafes where I'm sure you could listen to the games over the net.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
In San Francisco Irish & English Pubs were open just about all night for this silly little event called the ......er World Cup. I hear it's popular in some places.

I believe Harry's American Bar is in Venice, that would be a good place to check.
(My wife insists I have a photographic memory of bars)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member

Or fell asleep ice fishing considering that's the only other thing to do there

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Oh, there are so many jokes that can come out of that statement... "He remembers where the bars are but forgets where the house is..." "Then you're not drinking enough..." Etc.

Seriously now, Jeff, if you do find a pub showing American football, I'd be curious to hear how many locals, if any are watching, or if you can even find it. Just out of morbid curiosity.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

And they're usually a good bet for sporting occasions anywhere in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks