What's new

Anything new from B&K (1 Viewer)

Geo

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if B&K has said anything about a new pre/pro, Ref40?

geo

Joe e h

Stunt Coordinator
Geo

I have been trying to find out the same. I am considering the Anthem AVM 20, but was waiting on B&K and Parasound to see if they are releasing a new product. I have not been able to fins anything yet.

Joe

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
I think this thread is required to pop up at least once a month, I know, because I've started 2 or 3 myself!:)
Anyway, I went through some of the older iterations and this was the only interesting info I could find:
"They are pushing their new Zone receivers for whole house audio/video which are very impressive once they got into the software that set them up and showed what they could do.
On the pre/pro front I was told to be safe they are saying summer for a new receiver/ pre-pro and upgrade. Also they are working on a ultra high end balanced series for their products and a top of the line Digital amplifier these wil be much more than traditional B&K stuff has been though. "
Who knows. Maybe it'll actually happen. I'd just love to hear something from the people at B&K. As I'm sure you know, getting info out of B&K is like pulling teeth.
Cheers, Brian
ps. here's the link to the other thread if you're interested: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=37842

Bob Crum

Auditioning
I was browsing the THX site and found their equipment listings. Looking at everything from B&K, there was the following entry:

Manufacturer: B&K Components

Category: Controller

Model: Reference 30 Series II

Region: Worldwide

Special Notes: THX Surround EX, Dolby Digital, DTS

Type: Ultra

Think this is a "series II" version that is yet to hit the streets, or just the entry for the current Ref30?

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
Bob, Unfortunately I think it's the current version of the Ref 30. Not sure where the Series II comes from, but then again, I'm lost on a lot of the things that B&K does. :)
Cheers, Brian

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
I sent a message out to B&Ks PR agency last week and have yet to receive a reply on the topic.

Regards,

MatthewJ S

Supporting Actor
I meet with their nat'l sales manager all day tommorow in Philly. I have a lot to ask him about!

Brian Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I was reading this thread ( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=135400 )on avsforum and decided to bring this one back from the dead one last time. John or Matthew, any news yet?
Cheers, Brian
ps. sorry to keep bumping this one, but B&K drives me crazy with the lack of communication with the people who own their products. I feel like those ads on the back page of every home theater magazine just taunt me with their boasting of future-proof upgradability. :)

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
Link Removed
I spoke with a at B&K some time ago,
I ask if they could add a control out option.
It would be nice to have a trigger that could be set
with your numbers of speakers chosen, with any source!
Say I play two channel CD, and now I want to have 3-7
channel CD, have that as a trigger to turn on my extra amps.
At this point I use a parasound scamp to monitor
for a signal on the front center.
The B&K 30 will be my spare pre once my MC12 arrives.

randy bessinger

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe the lack of communication from B&K is smart on their part if you look at Outlaw's experience on the 950. It is worse to give out a play by play and then have expectations dashed than to do your work quietly IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks