What's new

anyplace in SF Bay Area that sells used Paradigms? (1 Viewer)

JonathanOh

Agent
Does anyone know of anyplace in the San Francisco Bay Area that buys/sells used Paradigm speakers?

How about a place that takes trade-ins? I have a pair of new Atoms that I am not going to use. I am going to upgrade to Mini Monitors instead.

Thanks
Jonathan

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Did you buy them at Bay Area Audio? I know their trade in policy is not spectacular, but you may not get too much more for them on the used market.

Otherwise try Audiogon, E-bay or Craigslist.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I also have a pair of Atoms that I was at first going to sell after purchasing Mini-Monitors. I ended up using the Atoms in a 2nd system in my bedroom.

If they are brand new, you might get a decent price from the dealer, espacially since you are interested in upgrading to the Mini-Monitors. It is worth a try if you definitely do not want to keep them.

JonathanOh

Agent
Thanks John and Marty.

Marty, did you feel the Minis were a big improvement over the Atoms? I am going to use them for surrounds until we remodel in a couple of years, then I am upgrading to Studios (I have Studios for the fronts).

John, I was actually hoping you were on the forum today as you once mentioned Bay Area Audio in another thread of mine. Yes, I bought them at Bay Area Audio. I am calling them tomorrow (they were closed today). I am wondering if they take trade-ins at all. If so, maybe they have some used Minis on hand.

Thanks

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I did notice a difference in the Mini-Monitors over the Atoms, espacially in 5.1 music. They also timbre matched my Monitor 7s.

Having said the above, I will offer my $0.02 of opinon. If you are just using the Atoms as surrounds for HT and you can't get a decent price for the Atoms, I would be inclined to just keep the Atoms and save the money for the Studio 20s.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Bay Area may have some Demo Minis on hand, but they usually don't have many "used" ones. Occasionally, they will get trade ins, because they do take them. They will explain the deal when you talk to them. Talk to Kevin, tell him I sent you to him.

20s would be the way to go, but if you don't listen to a lot of multichannel music, the Minis should be fine for mostly movies.

JonathanOh

Agent
The Atoms are white and while great when I was planning on wall mounting, not so good now that they will be on stands.

Wife really wants black so I have to change out the Atoms and while at it, may as well upgrade a bit to the Minis.

Thanks all for your advice, I feel pretty good about the decision now.

John, I will mention your name. Kevin is the guy that sold me my speakers in the first place though it was Josh (installer) you helped me audition them--I think Kevin was out that week on vacation and Josh was sitting in the store most of the week filling in.

Both seem like good guys to deal with.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Never met anyone I didn't like there :D, it's just that I deal with Kevin mostly. All of them are good guys and knowledgable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks