What's new

Anyone want to wish Zen Butler a happy birthday? (1 Viewer)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Gentlemen and ElizabethS(who's taste in film I've admired for quite some time), thank you very much. That was very thoughtful. Yes, even the abrasive ones.

Robert, that it is and thank you.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAN!

found a place near 7th & Redondo, buy you a beer for your Birthday when you have some time!
Cheers
Grant

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Grant, where?! Buy your gas from Vallejo(7th and Redondo), it's cheaper than anywhere else. As your pumping your gas, look up at the balcony on the old two-story building that overlooks the station. That's my flat. If you see an eclectic bunch holding dark beers, say hello. If we're holding anything lit, you may need to say hello twice. :)
RobertR lives in the city too, not sure what side of town.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
…..zb………..zb………..zb………..zb……….zb……..zb…..

We are all born naked and screaming
and if you're lucky that sort of thing won't stop there

…..zb………...zb……….zb………..zb………..zb……..zb…..

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Zen. :) Like a lot of other areas, Long Beach has its interesting contrasts. Go a block west across Long Beach Blvd. from where I live, and you can see two million dollar homes. Go a couple miles north on LBB, and you're in "what goes on here at night?" territory. :)

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Unfortunately, I have an idea of what goes on, or used to anyway. Instead of the mantra "if you're on Martin Luther King Blvd....run!", I'd revise it to "if you see a building marked 6 t-shirts for $10 bucks...run!" The eclectic contrasts here are amazing.

A fun(sad) note: I literally live on the corner of 7th and Redondo, a loud, busy, exhaust modified Harley Davidson ridden, NYC style traffic mess. All 4 buildings on each of the corners has had a car ran through it.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I sometimes have fun picking out where in Long Beach some of the scenes in Monster Garage were shot. :)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Zen
I will be careful when I drive through that intersection! I am at home in the Haight right now so I don't need no stinking car. Have a great Bday and be careful, twice on my Bday so many friends bought me drinks I completely blacked out...pretty scary

Robert
I got lost a couple of times in your neighborhood (and most every other neiborhood to boot) and its pretty cool. Since I work near the airport it's pretty close

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
It's easy to get lost in the LA area. :) First place I went out to after moving here was to that great showing of Lawrence of Arabia in Century City. I went in circles in Beverly Hills before stopping at a gas station to ask how to get to the freeway. Another time, I went someplace in LA where there was a street that intersected itself.....

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Dennis, most of the ground floors, on these older streets and buildings are businesses. There are only a total of 4 residential flats above the businesses where I live. I have some pretty monster square footage. Though, enough traffic noise to rule out any form of sound proofing.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Yes, Long Beach is a bit easy to get lost. There is a strange geometry to it. Not like L.A. Proper which is basically graph paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks