What's new

Anyone using Thiel's (1 Viewer)

Gary Sedlack

Agent
I an thinking of upgrading from my NHT VT2 system to either the Thiel CS2.4 or the CS3.6's. Just wondering if anyone out there was using either and would like to get their opinion.

Thanks Gary

The 3.6s have been around for over ten years now. The 2.4s are brand new with all the latest driver developments. I have heard the 3.6s a number of times over the years, but have not yet heard the 2.4s.

Considering the ten years of development and the rave reviews I would certainly think the 2.4s are a better buy.

If you are using them for HT make sure to get an MCS1 for the centre.

I use old 2.2s, an MCS1 and four SCS2s in my system.

Kevin_R_H

Stunt Coordinator
Gary,

I have Thiel CS-3.5, and have owned them for years. I have always loved their sound - particularly for 2-channel music.

However, two years ago, they got booted out of my "main system" when I purchased VMPS RM40s. The RM40s surpass the Thiels in just about every way possible (in my system).

Look, I remain a big fan of Thiel (both company support and quality of product), and have never regretted my decision to buy them. I think you (or most anyone) would enjoy owning either of the two Thiels speakers you are considering. Put them in your system, and you should be able to avoid upgrade-itis for years (for speakers, anyway).

But (for me), there is a difference between "singing the praises" of a company and "blind allegience" to that company. And when such an improvement of "quality of sound" can be had for similar money, well, this is why my Thiels now sit in the Family Room, delegated to seeing duty as the foundation of my wife's Karaoke-based 5.1 system.

Kevin

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Thiels are excellent speakers but IMHO require careful system matching and a big amplifier. I don't know what you're using now but you should consider these factors.

Gary Sedlack

Agent
Alex,

They will be used in a dedicated room 21x15 with B&H Ref 200.2 amp for 2 chanel. and Ref 50 per/pro, Sunfire CG for center and surrounds. Kimber IC and speaker wire.

Thanks for all the info,

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks