What's new

Anyone using the Denon 3805 remote with a Lite-On DVD player? (1 Viewer)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
I just got my system all finally set up, and I am one happy camper. BUT, I can't seem to get my remote to learn the Lite-On commands, and there doesn't seem to be a preprogrammed code either.

Has anybody done this succesfully, or have any suggestions?

(Sorry to start another 3805 thread, but I wanted to get this figured out soon ^_^)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
I just got my system all finally set up, and I am one happy camper. BUT, I can't seem to get my remote to learn the Lite-On commands, and there doesn't seem to be a preprogrammed code either.

Has anybody done this succesfully, or have any suggestions?

(Sorry to start another 3805 thread, but I wanted to get this figured out soon ^_^)

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
FWIW, I was able to learn in codes from six different sources into my 3805 remote without problems. Even all the nuance functions of an unlisted digital cable box went smoothly (menus, mute, return, etc) Sooooo, I'd guess that if you're having trouble with your DVD player, after making sure both have fresh batteries, you might be out of luck.

Have you had success learning in codes to the remote from other sources?

Mort

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
FWIW, I was able to learn in codes from six different sources into my 3805 remote without problems. Even all the nuance functions of an unlisted digital cable box went smoothly (menus, mute, return, etc) Sooooo, I'd guess that if you're having trouble with your DVD player, after making sure both have fresh batteries, you might be out of luck.

Have you had success learning in codes to the remote from other sources?

Mort

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
I have trouble with my LO-2001 accepting commands from my MX-700. I was hoping that the MX-700 would be better than the original remote, which seemed to have a very week transmitter (wouldn't work if even a clear glass was in the way), but alas it was the opposite. I've tried both an MX-700 file from someone else on RemoteCentral.com and learning the codes myself, but with the same result.
The learned codes do work, but they often require multiple presses or prolonged presses before the LO-2001 recognizes it. I believe that it LO just uses some strange IR signalling protocol which isn't learned well by other remotes. I have had slightly (very slightly) better results by blocking the IR transmitter, pressing and holding the desired button on the OEM remote, and then removing the block a second later to learn it. I hoped that this would remove any garbage the remote was sending when the button was initially pressed.

I figure if an MX-700 can't learn/send the codes reliably, then probably nothing else will either.
At this point I'm so annoyed I'm looking to replace the LO-2001 with the Zenith DVB318 discussed in another thread.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I think learning LO commands is pretty much a lost cause.
-- Dave

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
I have trouble with my LO-2001 accepting commands from my MX-700. I was hoping that the MX-700 would be better than the original remote, which seemed to have a very week transmitter (wouldn't work if even a clear glass was in the way), but alas it was the opposite. I've tried both an MX-700 file from someone else on RemoteCentral.com and learning the codes myself, but with the same result.
The learned codes do work, but they often require multiple presses or prolonged presses before the LO-2001 recognizes it. I believe that it LO just uses some strange IR signalling protocol which isn't learned well by other remotes. I have had slightly (very slightly) better results by blocking the IR transmitter, pressing and holding the desired button on the OEM remote, and then removing the block a second later to learn it. I hoped that this would remove any garbage the remote was sending when the button was initially pressed.

I figure if an MX-700 can't learn/send the codes reliably, then probably nothing else will either.
At this point I'm so annoyed I'm looking to replace the LO-2001 with the Zenith DVB318 discussed in another thread.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I think learning LO commands is pretty much a lost cause.
-- Dave

Abe Rodrigue

Stunt Coordinator
I also was having troubles with my remote learning codes from other remotes. Finally got it where I wanted it and it stopped working all together. Could just be a faulty remote? (Unlikely but possible) Mine would freeze up when trying to learn some times when trying to learn some signals. The only way to fix was pull the batteries. I should have a new one any day.

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks