1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

anyone using easy cd creator 6

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ted Lee, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

hi all -

i've been using 5 for quite some time and aside from a recent lockup issue (but that's another thread) it works great.

has anyone picked up 6 yet. if so, i'd like to hear your impressions...especially how it differs from 5.

thx!

ted

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

I've read a review at the Chicago Tribune site. Unfortunately, its one you have to sign in to just to read, but I like the computer columnist who writes there (Jim Coates), and you can decide.

He wrote a column about 2 months ago about having a disastrous experience with Easy 6, but his last column on it is more favorable. One paragraph from a lengthy column :

"And it's a joy to behold with far more intuitive CD and DVD features than Windows. It comes with vastly improved audio-creation modules that let one record analog music from tapes and records, then it offers a range of sound-studio clipping and tweaking features to remove any clicks, rumbles or buzzes. Also in the audio mix is a music CD ripper to make MP3 files with all of the bells and whistles, like using the Internet to find the names for all tunes"

http://www.chicagotribune.com/technology/

Look for the Jim Coates name among the columnists at the left side of the page and work from there.

3. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

thx john - i'll check out that article.