What's new

Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Hi! I've been using ECDC 5 Platinum for a while now, and it never has been very stable. Recently, it's begun to lock up nearly every time I burn a CD. It stops while it's pulling the tracks off of the original CD. No problems once it actually starts to write the tracks. I'm running it on a Pentium 3 with 256 MB RAM and Windows XP Professional. My burner is a Yamaha 44x. Has anyone else experienced difficulties with this program? Is ECDC 6 any better? I hate Nero and every other program I've tried, because they leave gaps between the tracks of a CD. When two songs are supposed to run together, there's a pause. ECDC has been the only program that I've found that doesn't do this. Thanks for any input, y'all!

Rob

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Make sure you have the latest update for ECDC. I personally have never had any stability issues on my NT machine at work (I burn a lot of data CDs as part of my job).

Having said that, the gap between tracks can be set in Nero to 0 quite easily. I believe double-clicking on the tracks opens the dialog to do that (I don't have it in front of me right now). IIRC, on the same dialog you can enter the text that will appear as CD-Text on the final CD.

-Christian

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Thanks for the response, Christian. I'll try that out with Nero. One last question, if you don't mind: Is there any way to make Nero pull the tracks off of a CD any faster? It actually gets them off the disc quickly, once it starts working on a track. However, between tracks, there is an incredibly long pause. It takes me nearly 10 minutes to copy a CD with Nero. Any ideas? Thanks again!

Rob

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
Sorry, I have never copied a disc with Nero.

When I create samplers of my own CDs I use CDex to save the WAV files and then drag and drop them in Nero (actually I play with the combination of songs in WinAMP first).

-Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks