What's new

Anyone seen Buffy S5 art work yet? (1 Viewer)

Blu

Screenwriter
I would like to know if anyone has seen or have heard of any rumors of what the cover art will be like?

The trend for the R1 releases tends to be darker colors with lots of black and shadows. I'm sure the remaining seasons will follow suit.
I would anticipate a darkish green tone with the similar subtle images like S4.

Ideas?

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Nope haven't really heard anything about "Buffy: Season 5" (region 1).

When is it gonna be released? I can't find any information on it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
December 9th is the correct date, I was referring to the artwork that was requested ;) There are no December titles listed yet on Fox's press site.

Frankly I'm far more curious to see the Firefly artwork *prays to Joss and the Powers that be for the cover he suggested to Mr. Staddon* :)

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
It'll probably be something with Dawn and Glory in the background ala season 3 with Faith and Angel.

Season 6 will be probably Red with the Buffy eyes on the cover and I want season 7 to have a big SUCKS spray-painted over whatever cover art they choose.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Season 6 will be probably Red with the Buffy eyes on the cover and I want season 7 to have a big SUCKS spray-painted over whatever cover art they choose.
I doubt it on 6, that would not keep with the nogginlicious pattern they've established. And you'll sing a different tune on 7 when you blitz it on the DVDs, mark my words

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
All these everything-after-season-3-sucks people can't resist crapping any thread that even mentions the word Buffy, can they? You're entitled to your opinion. No problem with that. But, geez, we get the point already.

Joel C

Screenwriter
What about us everything-sucks-after-the-first-six-episodes-of-season-7-except-for-a-few-episodes-here-and-there-but-the-finale-was-pretty-satisfying people?

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry but Season 7 was a horrible season with no focus, no big character archs and one of the most unsatisfying series finales ever. I love the first 6 seasons but season 7 was horrible.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Hey Ray

Just checking, but what does that have to do with the Season 5 DVD cover?

Okay, thanks!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Even though I'm someone who agrees Season 7 wasn't on par with the other ones, I can say it really isn't needed in this thread.

I thought a lighter orange color for the season 5 cover. However, there are these twisted black objects in the background of all the covers, except season 4. Wonder why it changed? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
They affed whirly things in te background for season 4. Maybe the other style wouldn't have worked well on an all-black cover.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, cause season 4 just had the gentlemen, and then some whirly things. totally lost the things from the first 3 sets.

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
How about the "Every single episode of every season of Buffy rocks my world (yes, even including 'Beer Bad'), because I love the writing, I love the characters, and I love SMG!" group? (Note, that is probably a group with a size of one (me), but it makes enjoying the show very easy! :) )

Blu

Screenwriter
I don't think I can recall a orange cover on any DVD TV season yet. I mean Sopranos S3 had a kind of golden color but it was foil and not really orange. That would be a interesting choice for sure!

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Blu, haven't seen anything yet. I too am excited.

I'll match Inca Mummy Girl vs. Beer Bad any day of the week.

To the other OT piece: The artwork of the boxsets have been nice IMO (Faith's lower lip looked a little weird on S3 box). How about the construction of these buggers? awful

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks