Anyone play Xbox on 26" LCD flat panel HDTVs? (or similar)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Doug R, Jan 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Doug R

Doug R Supporting Actor

I want to get around a 22-26" LCD flat panel HDTV to use for my Xbox/PS2/Gamecube.. but I've heard stories that these TVs aren't that good for gaming still - blurring, ghosting, not enough colors (huh?).

Anyone use one of these smaller flat panels for HD gaming? Can you please post your experiences and let me know your TV model etc.

thanks very much for any help.

2. BrionL

BrionL Stunt Coordinator

First of all, LCD televisions DO NOT have burn in. Second, I've been playing my Xbox on my Sony 42" LCD TV and am loving it. The picture is outstanding.

Brion

3. Dean Martin

Dean Martin Stunt Coordinator

I have the 23 inch Samsung LCD and games look great. Only real problem is that just like an HDTV games show their flaws a bit more.
    LCD has gotten much better for gaming. The Samsung is great because you can connect your PC and your game consoles as well.

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Ghosting has historically been the biggest challenge with LCDs. But so long as you keep an eye on the refresh spec and make sure it's really fast (I think the best I've seen is 12ms) you should be fine. As with anything they're not all created equal so take the time to compare.

Moving to hardware.

5. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

I saw an XBox running at a local Fry's on what must have been a ~22" LCD TV (16x9) and I just about dropped onto the floor.

Mind you, my XBox at home is connected to an ISF'd 47" 16x9 HDTV (rear projection). There's nothing like a nice, bright hi-res LCD display to really make those DOA girls shine (which was what Fry's was demo'ing, I think it was DOA Ultimate).