What's new

Anyone planning to get Wii Fit? (1 Viewer)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I decided to jump on the Wii Fit bandwagon and placed a pre-order for one on Amazon; the Balance Board might be a good combo w/ the Wii Ski game too...

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
I preordered from Amazon as well. I don't expect to lose a ton of weight, but the idea of being able to track my weight and BMI appeals to me. Looking at the game play clips on YouTube, jogging and skii look fun enough to "play" often.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Cool! I take it you have Amazon Prime?
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

I just checked my Amazon order status a moment ago--status now shows as "Shipping Soon"...so at least I know I won't be getting a "backordered" email message. Unfortunately (for me) I chose free SSS so my order is estimated to ship on 5/27...

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
The combination of low ceilings, a ceiling fan, and being very tall pretty much negate any chance I could even use the thing in my family room. At least that's my excuse.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Amazon says mine will be here on Wednesday. I'll take a break from Liberty City.

;)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Sold out everywhere today. The stores had "Wii Fit Sold Out" signs at the entrances. Is this going to be the new thing from Nintendo that is virtually impossible to get?

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK

In all likelihood...yes, which is why I pre-ordered.

Now that I've done my first workout...my calves are burning!
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
Oh well, I can rest them through a midnight showing of Indy tonight.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
If the mostly mediocre reviews are to be believed, then I doubt this will still be hard to find after a few months.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
It´s not that all people will like this (it´s not just some "funny game"), but many will. And it might actually help some people to get up and do something. After using "Wii Fit" for a while, it might be easier to go to that "real gym" and jogging, etc. I doubt, that the idea is, that you only use "Wii Fit" for the next 10 years for exercising.. ;) In a way, with "Wii Fit" you can "practice" and after a while you can try the "real thing". Nothing wrong with this approach, if you ask me.

Of course, not sure what people expect when they get this "game", though.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Picked one up at work the day they were released. $79 well spent.

I'm very impressed with this new generation of video gaming. Less couch potato more activity. I have been enjoying all the games on wii fit and I look forward to the new ones I hear are being released.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I definitely want one, if for nothing else for the controller to use with games like WeSki and hopefully upcoming SSX titles. But yesterday I saw it on display here for 1599 pesos (about $150 USD)!!! They usually mark up Wii games from $50 US to ~$75US, but that is ridiculous. I guess I'll be waiting until christmas....hopefully by then there will be more games that use the controller.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

"Wii Fit" is not just "normal game" (it has game + Balance board), so it´s not priced like the regular games are. And since it´s selling quite well.. ;)

Phil Kim

Stunt Coordinator
My initial impression after playing Wii Fit for few hours.

Pros:
  • Very cute execution overall -- with Mii characters lurking everywhere (I have entire immediate family, neighbors, celebrity, and friends).
  • Many of the exercises give pretty good workout.
  • Most games are addictive and fun (e.g., ski jump, steps).
  • Love the wireless aspect. Balance Board is very well made.
  • Lots of fun watching others play.
Cons:
  • Some parts require a bit more clicking to get to than I would like. It should offer "Wii Remote free" user interface after choosing an exercise.
  • Balance Board can get a bit sticky after long exercise. Have a towel nearby.
  • Unlocking can be a bit annoying, but it doesn't require that much effort.
  • Limited multiplayer option. Tedious to switch player.
  • Yoga and strength tests are a bit monotonous compared to games (although understandably so).
While Wii Fit won't completely replace my gym (I need weights and swimming pool), it is an excellent supplemental source of exercise and fun.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Thought I'd revive this to ask for advice on how to get a Fit. I just bought the console and I'm going to hook it up this weekend and can't find the Fit, unless I want to go on eBay and pay twice what it should cost.

Any advice on how to find the Fit and not bundled with the console, since I already have it.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I forgot to ask, has anyone used the We Ski with the Fit? I saw one user review on Amazon, who seemed to know what he was talking about. He thought the skiing game that came with the Fit was better than the We Ski.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks