What's new

anyone pick up Fatal Frame (xbox)? (1 Viewer)

JamesL

Agent
I heard this game was pretty scary - anyone pick it up that could provides some impressions would be nice.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
The PS2 version is DAMN GOOD. I have been looking for the Xbox version with no luck.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Block Buster tells me that they will not be carrying the game. Anyone else have this information told to them as well?

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I know my wife is getting it for Xmas as I was home when the Gamestop called and said it was in. Since it is an Xmas present though, I can't give any impressions until Dec 25 ;)
I have looked it up on a few different sites though and it sounds like a great game. Basically, if you like the horror and suspense bits from Silent Hill or Resident Evil games, Fatal Frame takes it up a notch -- a HUGE notch. No guns, no double-bladed axes, just a lonely little japanese girl in a great big haunted house (oh, she is armed with a camera.)
Go to www.gamefaqs.com and search for Fatal Frame, they have a lot of reviews and messages under the PS2 version.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
:emoji_thumbsup:
Definitely worth a purchase!
It was a freaky, chilling and great game on the PS2. No doubt the Xbox version with added extras is just as good if not better.(This one wont be mine on the box until christmas unfortunately).
Some things to remember. This game is jarring. Not having a gun, rifle or a big old lead pipe to shoot/hit things with will take some getting used to. It was the biggest hurdle I had to overcome with Fatal Frame. The camera is definitely a really unique play mechanic that takes some getting used to.
When you delve further and further into the game though the camera will be your only source of comfort. There are some really eerie ghosts/creatures in this game. Much like Silent Hill is depends almost completely on what COULD happent to you as opposed to what does. It combines some really great RE-like "jump" scares with that uncomfortable disturbing feeling that the SH series is known for.
By the way, Xbox owners of Fatal Frame. Whats the word on 16:9 support? 480p?

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
also if you have played FF on the PS2 its worth it to play the Xbox version as it has a different ending, DD5.1 sounds, and other changes to the game...think of it as Fatal Frame: Extended Edition

Scott Falkler

Second Unit
I played Fatal Frame on PS2 last year and it IS pretty scary. I've also played the Silent Hill series, and the Resident Evil series (excluding RE:Zero) and none of them were anywhere near as creepy as Fatal Frame. I got chills about every 4 minutes and had to stop playing a few times!
I'm quite ashamed to admit that...!

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Ermm... this game is so scary that I still haven't finished it yet. I'm a wuss, though.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
The ghosts in the PS2 version are creepy as hell! Waiting for them to get close enough before snapping their picture for more points is tough! Are the graphics in the X Box version better? Probably getting a system this Christmas and thinking this would be a nice game to start off with (I played HALO to death on a friend's system).

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I've got the PS2 version and I'm not all that impressed with it. It's slightly creepy, but I think the scariest part is the combat system. I thought RE was about as unintuitive as it got in terms of combat....then along comes Fatal Frame to shatter that notion.

That said, if you've already got Silent Hill 2, Fatal Frame is pretty much your only other choice on the Xbox, and it's certainly not terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks