What's new

Anyone know where to get MST3K: The Movie? (1 Viewer)

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Mystery Science Theater 3000:The Movie
I know it is "out-of-production" but there must be a place out there somewhere. I could only find the movie on Ebay and Amazon. The cheapest they sold the dvd was over $100 and I also saw them (new) for $400(!). It isn't even that great of a movie and four hundred bucks?! I know there is cult following (me and my dad) so someone must know where I can get my hands on this movie.

If anyone knows, please send me a link. It would be much appriciated.

Thank you.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Ouch. I only paid $13.99 for mine from Amazon. Mind you, that was when I got my first DVD player in 2000. Time to lobby Uni for a new release.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
I am sure I could have gotten the movie when it was out but we (my dad and I) were reluctent to buy it. Little did we know that the dvd would go OOP I would have purchased it when I had the chance.

I just find it hard to believe that this movie is so hard to find. It isn't a masterpiece by any means. I guess it isn't too popular.

Any other fans of MST?

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
I just do not understand your logic. It is OOP and is hard to find because it IS poplular. Most dvds that have been OOP for this long and have not been re-released are hard to find at a decent price.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter

I just had a feeling it wasn't too popular because it is OOP and there has been no word about a re-release. I haven't seen much of a demand so I figure it is never coming back. Of course it was my mistake for not buying it when I had the chance. :b

Joel C

Screenwriter
Universal has released many of the old Image licenses, so I hope this one turns up eventually. With the brisk business Rhino is doing with the MST box sets, and the high eBay prices, I don't know what they're waiting for.

I got my copy for Christmas 1999, I think my brother paid about $15. I'm willing to sell it if I can get $150, since I've seen it at least 15 times, but I still hope it comes out again, even if that means the re-sale prices plummet. Especially if it includes the deleted scenes.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Ive got my copy... and it is hands down one the best nonanamorphic 2 channel dvds out there.... but all the same, I wanna see a Anamorphic edition. One with special features would be great.

Carl Walker

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased my copy for $8.99 back in late 1998. When I saw how much they were selling for, I listed mine on Ebay about 2 months ago. I was shocked that I received $90 for it!

I love the movie and would buy a new version if it was released, but for $90 they can have it! :emoji_thumbsup:

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
yeah.. . ive considered doing the same. I love the movie... but I also have it on laserdisc... If some fool is willing to pay $100 for it...

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I have a copy I might be willing to trade to someone for other MST3k box sets. I just have to wait to see what Santa (my wife) brings me. If I decide to trade for it I will post in the sales forum.

--Ian

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Isn't it just an edited down version of THIS ISLAND EARTH?

I guess that is OOP on DVD too.

Universal should re-issue both the uncut original film and the edited comedy version in a single DVD set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks