What's new

Anyone know if and when the Cosby Show DVD set is coming out.... (1 Viewer)

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah uh does anybody know when or if the Cosby show DVD is coming out?????

Thanks

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
As has been discussed earlier, Carsey Werner, who produced and own the show, have not yet made a deal with a DVD distributor. So nothing yet.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Very well responded-to. Completely accurate. CW is shopping around for a DVD distributor for all their properties, including Cosby Show, Cosby, Different World, 3rd Rock, 70's Show, Rosanne, Grace Under Fire, and more.

John*P

Second Unit
Sheesh, David, they really want to release all those shows?? I expected them to release their highly successful shows, but not necessarily the so-so ones. I'd definitely buy The Cosby Show, Roseanne, That '70s Show and 3rd Rock from the Sun. I'd also buy Grounded for Life, but I assumed that show wasn't popular enough for DVD...although, the way you're talking, we might get it. Either way, I can't wait till they get all this straightened out. They make some amazing sitcoms!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm really just naming shows they own. I doubt we get their entire catalog.

I only *hope* they release "That 80's Show". I'm in a very small group, but I highly enjoyed that one. :p)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

I'm not ashamed to say that I belong to that particular group. I got a kick out of it as well. Talk about an 80's acid trip. lol. I think in the series' short run, the producers must've tried to squeeze in as much of 80's pop culture as humanly possible. With all of the references, slang, backdrops, and especially the outfits, they did a pretty good job recreating an 80's atmosphere. I'd definitely pick this up if it were to become available. That would be............totally RAD. lol

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I'm really excited for That 70s Show & Grounded For Life. But they have so many other great shows Rosaanne, 3rd Rock, Diffrent World, Grace Under Fire. It's gunna be so great when they finally hit DVD.

Oh I liked That 80s Show too. I loved Margeret.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Hi David

what are the rest of their shows they own ?

Can't wait for the Cosby Show once it will be released

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting. Third Rock from the Sun is releasing the third season on DVD in the UK this summer. Well, at least once Casey/Werner cuts its distribution deal, some of the prep work for that release will already be done for it.

Cosby was one of those shows I never went out of my way to see, but if it was on, I almost always settled in and watched it to the end.

Sebastien S

Second Unit
The Cosby Show was good for the first 4 or 5 years...

The intro of the show had Cosby and the cast dancing to music with the credits, this intro would change every year. I don't remember what season it was (I think 5th) but the season that had the "Tropical Island" theme... That's when the show started going down hill fast!

By the last season Cosby didn't seem to really have anything left to say. The jokes went from clever and funny to just plain boring and in most cases, stupid!

That episode with the "men" giving birth to things like cars, boats and sandwitches was just horrible! Yes I know it was a "dream" episode or something but that didn't make it better. There were lots of other examples too.

Also, the introduction of new cast members/characters like "Cousin Pam" didn't help as they were all uninteresting.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
While we wait, I suggest we warm up with Bill Cosby, Himself in the meantime. Since we all agree that the early stuff was the best, and since a lot of that came from his stand-up routine, it's a great way to get ready for episodes down-the-road.

8/10 can't come fast enough...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks