What's new

Anyone into VOIVOD??? (1 Viewer)

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
I am for one in great anticipation of the new Voivod record, been a fan since 1985.

Heard 3 new songs of it, which has Jason Newsted on bass of course, and the new stuff has some killer energy coupled with great catchy tunes.

Here is some news regarding their video shoot for the first single. The technical directors fro Star Wars and Minority Report are involed and heard that post will be done by ILM!!!

Voivod Video

Can't wait!!!

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
Don't know if they still do, but they used to tune their guitars to fifths. I guess the power cord finger positioning on a regular tuning was a little too much like work... :)

Martin.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Voivod:D

Killing Technology,Dimension Hatross and Nothingface are brilliant. Especially Nothingface which is a Masterpiece.
One of the 20 greatest recordings of all time IMHO.

My neighbor also said he heard the new stuff, I havent yet, but Im DYING to hear it.

The 90s were really rough for them and its good to see Snake back :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
You see, by tuning to fifths, all they had to do was slide one finger around to make the needed power chords.

Martin.

Martin:
Not sure that you're correct about the tuning. As an avid Voivod fan and player myself, I highly doubt that Piggy has altered his tuning to simply play standard "root-fifth" chords. In fact, he seems to make a very concious effort to avoid standard rock power chords. That being said, I haven't heard anything new yet, but the 80's stuff was pretty darn creative and unique.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Well, the new tunes are more in the vein of THE OUTER LIMITS and ANGEL RAT ...

You can see some funny videos of the recording process from Newsteds Chophouse Records website

Voivod in the Studio!

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Well the day has come for the release of the new record ...

Some tidbits:

You can sample some songs and get it for $9.79 atcduniverse.com

Also you can check out the new video for the song WE CARRY ON HERE!!!

The Warriors of Ice are Baaaack! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks