What's new

Anyone in the Vancouver area interested in a meet? (1 Viewer)

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
Sounds like a good spot to me. I don't have a screen unfortunately, but I'll provide what I can. I rather suspect my equipment is in the low end of the spectrum though honestly.
side note, any idea why my sig isn't showing up?
[Edited last by Geoffrey_A on September 29, 2001 at 10:00 PM]

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
No Screen here nor any real great a/v equipment that I can just move. Had a hard enough time installing it without upsetting the parents (weren't crazy about the 15" Klipsch Sub I brought in one day).
Depending on the date I might be able to score some advance product through a reviewer friend. No promises though.
I'm still game for the whole event though. As is a friend of mine and maybe my girlfriend pending her busy schedule.
Mark

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'll have a job and won't be able to make it by the time this get organized.
Say what? I have a job, too. Do you work 24 hours per day?
Anyway, it doesn't look like this is going to be organized any time soon. It was suggested we try to take the organizing out of the Forum. I offered my phone number, but nobody has asked for it yet.
Hopefully eventually we will be able to get something going.
I suggest this as a next step: Since we've agreed on Jeff's venue, perhaps Jeff can suggest a date maybe about a month from now when it will be available. Then we can all see if that date can be fit into our schedules. What do you think?
------------------
ribbon.gif
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon
Anyone in the Vancouver Canada area interested in a meet? Click here
MOVING ON DOES NOT MEAN FORGETTING.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
I shun the use of primative communication tools like the phone. Just joking. I'd give you a call but I'm not really able to offer much in the planning phases just yet.

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
Sounds like a good idea to me, seeing as the the dates the venue is avaiable is what this all hinges on. There's not a whole lot I can add to the planning stages really, my equipment isn't all that impressive and I'm not providing the meeting place, which pretty much makes me an outside observer
wink.gif
Since you posted first Rain, I guess that makes you our leader, try not to go mad with power
wink.gif
Anyways, I'll provide what I can if neccessary, otherwise I merely await word on a date.
------------------
Geoff
Now with Kung-Fu grip and realistic facial hair!
lotrsig.jpg

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
It looks to me like the interest in this idea is dwindling somewhat. I've offered to take the organization of it offline and offered up my telephone number to anyone who wants to talk about it. So far I have received a total of zero emails.
I would suggest that if people as a group are not interested, there's not much that can be done.
However, I am still very interested in meeting some of you. Even if that means just one on one and hooking up to watch a flick and down some beers or something. Anyone who would care to take me up on this can feel free to email me at any time. It would be great to meet a few people I can talk movies with. And perhaps if I can meet a few people and stay in touch with them, organizing a group event will be easier in the future.
Mark, Geoffrey and Graeme, you have a PM waiting.
:)
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

[Edited last by Papa Smurf on October 15, 2001 at 06:08 PM]
[Edited last by Rain on October 15, 2001 at 06:15 PM]

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Alright, people, last call.
Geoffrey_A, Pete B and Graeme Clark are down so far.
Anyone else? If so, email me: [email protected]
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

[Edited last by Rain on October 23, 2001 at 11:18 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks