What's new

Anyone in the Vancouver area interested in a meet? (1 Viewer)

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Well, if nobody out there can do it..come on down to Chilliwack! I'll kick the wife and kiddies out for the night, we'll have a hot tub party, watch movies, and maybe the Denon/Paradigm dealer here in Chilliwack will throw a special HTF shopping deal! (BTW - hot tub coming in 10 days!) Crash for the night if you wish.
I live in a town house, and have a Wega 36" with Denon 1601, Paradigm Ps1200, Mini-mons, and ADP 170s. "BIG sound...pretty big picture...small space..."

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Depending on when this was going to happen, I can get a nice big, dark room (20'x40') close to Skytrain in New Westminster. We'd need to bring in the gear, but couches and so forth are already available. Weekend evenings would be best for this part.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
To answer the question, I'm at Lonsdale and 15th. Right now is especially bad as they are going to replace my carpet next weekend. However, after that, I'm happy to do it, provided that people bring their own chairs.
laugh.gif

Eventually we will decide on something, I'm sure. :)
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"People always clap for the wrong things." - The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Anyone in the Vancouver, BC area interested in meeting up? If so, click here.
Please sign the online petition against Warner Brothers' recent non-OAR releases. Click here.

Pete B

Auditioning
Hey, I live on Lonsdale & 18th, so between Rain, Geoffrey and I, there's 3 to start a gathering. Sounds good, guys.

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
I'm on 15th too, nesteled snuggly between St. Georges and St. Andrews. I always knew North Van was the happenin' hood for home theatre enthusiasts
wink.gif
I am currently sitting around waiting for the electrician to arrive and repair my stupid oven. After that though, Nachos for all
wink.gif

------------------
Geoff
Now with Kung-Fu grip and realistic facial hair!
lotrsig.jpg

[Edited last by Geoffrey_A on September 10, 2001 at 10:30 PM]

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Anyway, if we decide to do it in a bigger place and I can make the meet I'll volunteer my Denon 5800 to drive the system.
Patrick
------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
My DVD Collection

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Well, if nobody out there can do it..come on down to Chilliwack! I'll kick the wife and kiddies out for the night, we'll have a hot tub party, watch movies, and maybe the Denon/Paradigm dealer here in Chilliwack will throw a special HTF shopping deal! (BTW - hot tub coming in 10 days!) Crash for the night if you wish.
Hmm... Hot tub party and sleepover with a bunch of guys i met online... again, NOT good...
biggrin.gif

But yeah, maybe next time... :)
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Nah Peter, I think Nick would have a hard sell on this one. :)
Too bad. Mena was looking foward to meeting you.... :)
------------------

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
quote: Hmm... Hot tub party and sleepover with a bunch of guys i met online... again, NOT good... [/quote]
Been there, done that.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I can see this meet is likely to be delayed a bit longer, but I for one am definitely wanting to see it happen. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
Jeff, are you in the area too? And where the hell is Mitty?
------------------
ribbon.jpg
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon
[Edited last by Rain on September 14, 2001 at 11:45 AM]

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, I'm in the area. Precise whereabouts unknown...
wink.gif

As I said, I have a large venue available with advance notice, sound is not an issue. We would need to bring in the players and so forth, but this should easily accomodate lots of us. Anybody got a screen?
------------------

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Well, perhaps recent events have caused some loss of interest in this topic, but I would like to propose that it is now time to move on...
Jeff, can you tell us the whereabouts of your venue? Not a specific address necessarily at this point, but just what area. Would you need a projector and player as well?
Sundar has offered the projector and several people have offered progressive scan players.
Looks like we need a screen. Either that or just use a white wall as Sundar suggested. Is there a white wall at your venue, Jeff?
Not to jump too far ahead, but has anyone else got any ideas as to what we might want to screen at the meet?
------------------
ribbon.gif
RainHTFpic.jpg

Anyone in the Vancouver Canada area interested in a meet? Click here
MOVING ON DOES NOT MEAN FORGETTING.

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
What to screen, hmmm....
You can't go wrong with the Disney classic "The Black Hole"
wink.gif

Seriously, it's hard to choose considering how varied people's movie tastes tend to be. If we're just looking for sheer reference quality, then I have the "Bugs Life" and "Toy Story" box sets.
Anyways, here's a list of my dvd's if it helps, I suspect some of you will have better stuff, but just to get the ball rolling:
The Abyss
Akira
Alien Legacy
Antz
The Aristocats
Being John Malkovich
Big Touble in Little China
Billy Elliot
The Black Hole
Blade Runner
Brazil: Criterion Collection
A Bugs Life: Special Edition
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Dark City
Demolition Man
The Emperor's New Groove: Special edition
Excalibur
Face/off
The Fox and the Hound
Fantasia Legacy
Ghostbusters I & II
Halloween: Special Edition
Hercules
The Iron Giant
Jaws
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park: The Lost World
The Last Starfighter
The Little Mermaid
The Lord of the Rings
Lost in Space
Melody Time
Mission: Impossible II
Mulan
Men In Black: Collectors Edition
The Perfect Storm
Princess Mononoke
Quest for Camelot
Shaft
The Shwshank Redemption
Starship Troopers
Superman I-IV
Tarzan: Special Edition
Toy Story: Ultimate Toy Box
Tansformers The Movie
X-men
I also have the Star Wars special Edition Laserdisc box set and The Phantom Menace Laserdisc if anyone is interested.
------------------
Geoff
Now with Kung-Fu grip and realistic facial hair!
lotrsig.jpg

[Edited last by Geoffrey_A on September 20, 2001 at 07:34 PM]

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
I might be able to get an advance copy of something from a reviewer friend of mine.. No promises but I'll see what I can do.
M

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
We may need to take this out of forumland to actually get it organised sometime in the near future.
------------------

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The place I'm suggesting is in New Westminster, walking distance (2 or 3 blocks) from the Skytrain station, and just up the road from the Queensborough bridge. We would need a screen and all the equipment, but the size of the room would make it ideal for a gathering of this size. There is a fridge, microwave etc for snacks/beverages, there are also a couple of video games.
------------------

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Well, Jeff, your venue sounds ok to me. And I think we can probably get everything together.
DOES ANYONE HAVE A SCREEN?
What do you guys all think of Jeff's place in New West???
If anyone wants to start talking in person about planning this, please email me and I'll send you my phone number...
------------------
ribbon.gif
RainHTFpic.jpg

Anyone in the Vancouver Canada area interested in a meet? Click here
MOVING ON DOES NOT MEAN FORGETTING.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks