What's new

Anyone in Michigan with an SVS... (1 Viewer)

DerekCV

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone in the Detroit area have an SVS powered subwoofer willing to demo it? I would love to hear what it sounds like in person before I make the plunge...

DerekCV

Stunt Coordinator
Wow a sub that everyone raves about and no one locally wants to show it off?

Shawn_

Auditioning
I know the feeling. Not many around me either. The one guy that had what I wanted to hear (Brian, from St.Louis) sold it and upgraded. Actually, I almost bought his old one, but I think he had an offer already on the table, or something.

Hell, I'd be happy if someone around my area (Kansas City) who's heard a SVS 20-35 or 25-31, could just come by and see how my mains do compared to the SVS.

I've just got a couple of CV RE30's, and while I know they don't go as low, I'm curious to how much more bass a single SVS would put out compared to these. Guess, I need to quit goofing around and go buy a SPL meter and see what it shows. That'll give me a little idea of what I could expect.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Sorry Shawn, but my upgradeitis has hit pretty hard lately. I know that I have steped up a little bit, but you are still welcome to come by and listen. I can turn 1 sub off so you can get an idea of what the SVS can do.

But it would be a safe bet to say that any SVS will have a lot more bass, a lot lower than any speaker.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Derek,

If it's any consolation I'm from Michigan, and so is our new woofer engineer Stephen Ponte.

Not much help?

Well you aren't that far from our factory so if you are in the mood for a road trip at all you can see pretty much everything at our new customer display area:

We're just opening it on an appointment basis but feel free to e-mail us if you are going to be in the Youngstown area for any reason and we'll set up a time for you to kick the tires. It's not a critical listening room, more a showroom, with sound and a good display too. Heck you can meet one of the guys that will help put your SVS together if your timing is good.

I know there are tons of guys/gals in Motown with both cylinder and box SVS's but pullng them away from their theaters to look at forums can be tough sometimes.

Ron Stimpson
SVS Co-Founder
[email protected]

Barinder

Auditioning
Derek,

I have a SVS PB10-ISD for a couple months now (actually was lucky enough to get one in the first 2 shipping days) and live right around the corner in Royal Oak. I'd be happy to demo it for you. And I apologize as I spend most of my time watching movies now that I finally have a sub (my first) that I don't come up for air or to check the forums. Unfortunately this next week and a half to two weeks will be busy but just pm me and we can figure something out. On a side note, I can highly recommend the sub - world of difference even the wife said was worth it!

Barinder

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
My wife saw my PB2+ getting unpacked and didn't have a lot to say but knew she was steemin as it was big.... Fortunantly the Family/HT room is mine.... After we got it in and watched our first movie she has been tickled pink. I love to still hear here scream on like a scary movie moment or when something in a movie drops or crashes... She scares me when she screems more than the sub does and I don't even run it that loud...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks