What's new

Anyone heard of new Anthem/Paradigm line called "Anthem Statement"? (1 Viewer)

Steve*MH

Stunt Coordinator
I heard from a dealer that Anthem is coming out with a new "Anthem Statement" line of SSP and multichannel amp that will be a "high-end" version of their current line. With the respect that I have for their current AVM-20 and MCA line, I would really like to see what they offer when they have to meet a much higher price point. Anyone heard any other rumors of this sort? Or of Paradigm coming out with a new speaker line above the current reference line?
I would really like to see Paradigm/Anthem take the gloves off and try for a really high-high end line.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Steve, I have heard rumblings of Paradigm going really high end with their new speaker line. Well above and beyond the current Studio Reference Line in fact, but still approximating a value standpoint. Meaning, they are going to try to shoot for the moon in the Dynaudio, B&W Nautilus, Aerial, JM Labs realm while still providing comparable sound quality at a lower price than those manufactuers. Whether or not they can do it remains to be seen. I wouldn't put it past them.

With that being said, I have not heard anything regarding a much improved version of the AVM-20. If they improve this thing much more, they will have a formidable piece of equipment as I will put my unit against any short of the Theta/Lexicon entries.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the rumored "Anthem Statement" products are what used to be Sonic Frontiers? They had for some time some very nice looking, very pricey multi-channel amplifiers.

Something to ponder.

Regards,

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
To my knowledge, Sonic Frontiers never had any multi-channel amps. Sonic Frontiers was the all tube and 2 channel father company of Anthem, and when times got tought, Anthem was sold to Paradigm and Sonic Frontiers stopped making products.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Chung,

For quite some time SF's website had a multi-channel amplifier listed under upcoming products that was never delivered. Since Anthem/SF are the same folks I wonder if its design might resurface as part of an upscale Anthem line.....

Steve*MH

Stunt Coordinator
I could only hope the Sonic Frontiers Channel 5, as it was called, resurfaces again in an Anthem Statement line. I followed this amplifier for some time as it was a great design with a transformer per channel, differential balanced input to output, and 20+ output devices per channel. There has still not been a multichannel amplifier design that technically had the merit of the Channel 5. I was very disappointed to find out it was cancelled along with the rest of the SF line and they never did enter the home theater format as they planned for some years. I believe there was even plans for an Iris design DVD player such as their Transport 3 CD player. I know that the two founders and presidents of SF, Chris Johnson and Chris Jensen, left the company a few months ago and soon after the SF line was dissolved to concentrate on the Anthem line and Pardigm officially took over the entire operations of Anthem/SF. Not sure if this is good as Paradigm has never given indications of entering the upper tier of products to compete with the big boys. In emailing Anthem/Paradigm, it seems they are going to introduce several new Anthem products at the CEDIA this year. I hope this is the statement line and not more "budget" products. If that happens, since they are now the same company, Anthem and Paradigm, you would think Paradigm would also create a new high-end line such as someone just mentioned above. That would be great, but neither one is ever to give info or be quick to introduce new products. Although Paradigm is very hesitant to enter the higher end game and compete with JMLabs, etc, they have the resources and expertise in my opinion to do so and at a much lower price. Let's only hope. If there was only a way to get some more info on the possibility of upscale products from Anthem and Paradigm Reference. If anyone has any more rumors, they are welcome.
Otherwise, I would go with the new Parasound Halo line 1-series, as I like the idea of the SSP having a LCD preview monitor and the look is really cool for the Halo products.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks